Assessment Manager - Radio Frequency - UK - 40-46k
Job Location: Home based, UK.
Type: Permanent Role.
Dept.: QMS Certification.
Standards: 9001 / 14001 / 18001/ etc.
Reports to: Accreditation Manager (ACM) or Senior Assessment Manager (SAM)
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic individual with radio frequency calibration experience to work as an Assessment Manager. This is a challenging and satisfying role, providing the opportunity to work in the public interest for a world leading Accreditation Body.
The individual appointed will be responsible for managing the assessment of laboratories throughout the UK.
They will appoint assessment teams, lead and participate in assessment visits and provide support on both technical and policy issues.
The position involves extensive travel with frequent overnight stays, mainly within the UK.
It is expected that the successful applicant will:
- Have significant laboratory practical experience, preferably within an ISO/IEC 17025 measurement environment.
- Have appropriate technical education in an engineering discipline.
- Have detailed technical expertise in RF and microwave calibration measurements or a related discipline.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills, being able to communicate effectively with laboratory staff, management and stakeholders at all levels.
- Have a keen interest in good metrology and its implementation.
- To work as a lead and/or technical assessor (as applicable) for a defined caseload.
- Manage the accreditation of assigned customers to ensure that all assessments are effectively managed with completion meeting defined timescales, including the production and delivery of assessment reports.
- Be accountable for each assessment of assigned customers to ensure that the service provided is fit for purpose, delivering robust findings, justifiable conclusions and recommendations.
- Ensure that effort associated with the assessments and management of customers is commensurate with their scope and scale of accredited activities.
- Ensure policies and procedures in both technical and administrative areas related to the delivery of customer work is completed both compliantly and promptly.
- Provide 'added value’ guidance on how accreditation and assessment standards could be used by customers to support their growth and development.
- Develop and maintain strong effective working relationships with assigned customers, specifically:
- Proactively manage the customer’s relationship, providing support and guidance to the customer at all levels in relation to the processes.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to ensure customers are provided with necessary and relevant information regarding their activities.
- Manage relationships such as to reduce the likelihood of conflicts arising between UKAS and the customer, with the ability to mediate where such conflicts do arise, whilst ensuring accreditation requirements are met.
- Investigate and assist with resolution of complaints against UKAS or complaints raised by 3rd parties regarding assigned customers.
- Take ownership of and responsibility UKAS work performed for the customer from inception to completion to ensure expectations are managed and excellent customer service is provided.
- Have an awareness of the customer’s financial standing and terms with UKAS, highlight and assist in the resolution of issues with outstanding debt.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. CQI) - Not essential
- Ability to drive and access to a car that can be used for business purposes
- Valid passport
- UK resident with easy access to major travel routes
- Resident in area serviced by broadband with download speed of >5Mbps, ideally FTTC or FTTP ready
CE MARKING / CERTIFICATION / AUDITOR / ASSESSOR / TECHNICAL / ENGINEERING / MANUFACTURING / QMS / 9001 / 14001 / 18001 / 27001 / 17025 / AUDITOR / LEAD AUDITOR / QMS / QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS / ACCREDITATION / HSE / ENGINEERING / MANUFACTURING / FACILITIES / TECHNICAL / QA MANAGER / QUALITY MANAGER / QA / QUALITY ASSURANCE / CONTRUCTION / BRE / BSI / INTERTEK / SGS / UKAS / ASSESSMENT BUREAU / DQS / LRQA / LLOYDS REGSITER / DEKRA / UL / TUV / ACCREDITATION / USA / UK / UNITED KINGDOM / LONDON / MILTON KEYNES / BEDFORDSHIRE / MIDLANDS / OXFORD / OXFORDSHIRE / CAMBRIDGESHIRE / SOUTH WEST / SWINDON / WILTSHIRE / GLOUCESTER / GLOUCESTERSHIRE / BRISTOL / SOMERSET / HAMPSHIRE / SURREY / MIDDLESEX / BERKSHIRE / SE LONDON / KENT / SUSSEX / NORTHAMPTON / NORTHAMPTONSHIRE / EAST ANGLIA / SUFFOLK / NORFOLK / ESSEX / CAMBRISGESHIRE / CAMBRIDGE / PETERBOROUGH / BEDFORD / HERTS/ HERTFORDSHIRE / INTERTEK / UL / BUCKS / BUCKINGHAMSHIRE / HEREFORSHRIE / STAFFORD / STAFFORDSHIRE / CHESHIRE / NOTTINGHAM / NOTTINGHMASHIRE / MANCHESTER / M62 / M1 / M25 / M20 / M5 / M6 / LANCASTER / LANCASHIRE / LEEDS / YORK / YORKSHIRE / ENGLAND / WALES / MILTON KEYNES / BEDFORD / BEDFORDSHIRE / NORTHAMPTON / HAMPSHIRE / BASINGSTOKE / SOUTHAMPTON / BRIGHTON / SOUTH EAST / CAMBRIDGE / CAMBRIDGESHIRE / NORFOLK / NORWICH / SUFFOLK / IPSWICH / HAVERHILL / ROMFORD / MIDDLESEX / SLOUGH / WEST SUSSEX / SURREY / MAIDSTONE / DARTFORD / TONBRIDGE / HYTHE / ASHFORD / BIRMINGHAM / LEICESTER / LEICESTERSHIRE / NOTTINGHAM / NEWCASTLE / YORK / GRIMSBY / LINCOLN / LINCOLNSHIRE / WORCESTER / WORCESTERSHIRE / WARWICK / WARWICKSHIRE / HEREFORD / HEREFORDSHIRE / SOMERSET / BATH
- Quality Management
- Certified Lead Auditor
- CE marking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'