Assessment Manager - Engineering / Manufacturing - 40-50k
Job Location: Head Office/Remote/Home based
Type: Permanent Role.
Dept.: QMS Certification for NB’s.
Standards: 9001 / 14001 / 18001/ etc.
Reports to: Accreditation Manager (ACM) or Senior Assessment Manager (SAM)
To manage and perform quality system and/or technical assessments to evaluate the competence and conformity of customers against specified standards and regulatory requirements. To manage relationships with assigned customers throughout, in order to achieve delivery of objectives and meet customer expectation.
An experienced and dynamic individual to work as an Assessment Manager for the Management System Certification Sector.
This is a challenging and satisfying role, providing the opportunity to work in the public interest for a world leading Accreditation Body.
Successful candidates will be responsible for managing the accreditation and conducting assessments of certification bodies throughout the UK and overseas
It is expected that the successful Candidate will Have experience of ISO 9001 Certification of businesses in either the public or private sector, with technical knowledge in one or more of the following sectors:
- Professional services
- Public service - local authorities, charities, etc...
- Facilities management
- To work as a lead and/or technical assessor (as applicable) for a defined caseload.
- Manage the accreditation of assigned customers to ensure that all assessments are effectively managed with completion meeting defined timescales, including the production and delivery of assessment reports.
- Be accountable for each assessment of assigned customers to ensure that the service provided is fit for purpose, delivering robust findings, justifiable conclusions and recommendations.
- Ensure that effort associated with the assessments and management of customers is commensurate with their scope and scale of accredited activities.
- Ensure policies and procedures in both technical and administrative areas related to the delivery of customer work is completed both compliantly and promptly.
- Provide 'added value’ guidance on how accreditation and assessment standards could be used by customers to support their growth and development.
- Develop and maintain strong effective working relationships with assigned customers, specifically:
- Proactively manage the customer’s relationship, providing support and guidance to the customer at all levels in relation to the processes.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to ensure customers are provided with necessary and relevant information regarding their activities.
- Manage relationships such as to reduce the likelihood of conflicts arising with the customer, with the ability to mediate where such conflicts do arise, whilst ensuring accreditation requirements are met.
- Investigate and assist with resolution of complaints against or complaints raised by 3rd parties regarding assigned customers.
- Take ownership of and responsibility for work performed for the customer from inception to completion to ensure expectations are managed and excellent customer service is provided.
- Have an awareness of the customer’s financial standing and terms with UKAS, highlight and assist in the resolution of issues with outstanding debt.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. CQI) - Not essential
- Ability to drive and access to a car that can be used for business purposes
- Valid passport
- UK resident with easy access to major travel routes
- Resident in area serviced by broadband with download speed of >5Mbps, ideally FTTC or FTTP ready
CE MARKING / CERTIFICATION / 9001 / 14001 / 18001 / 27001 / AUDITOR / LEAD AUDITOR / QMS / QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS / ACCREDITATION / HSE / ENGINEERING / MANUFACTURING / FACILITIES / TECHNICAL / QA MANAGER / QUALITY MANAGER / QA / QUALITY ASSURANCE / CONTRUCTION / BRE / BSI / INTERTEK / SGS / UKAS / ASSESSMENT BUREAU / DQS / LRQA / LLOYDS REGSITER / DEKRA / UL / TUV / ACCREDITATION / USA / UK / UNITED KINGDOM / LONDON / MILTON KEYNES / BEDFORDSHIRE / MIDLANDS / OXFORD / OXFORDSHIRE / CAMBRIDGESHIRE / SOUTH WEST / SWINDON / WILTSHIRE / GLOUCESTER / GLOUCESTERSHIRE / BRISTOL / SOMERSET / HAMPSHIRE / SURREY / MIDDLESEX / BERKSHIRE / SE LONDON / KENT / SUSSEX / NORTHAMPTON / NORTHAMPTONSHIRE / EAST ANGLIA / SUFFOLK / NORFOLK / ESSEX / CAMBRISGESHIRE / CAMBRIDGE / PETERBOROUGH / BEDFORD / HERTS/ HERTFORDSHIRE / INTERTEK / UL / BUCKS / BUCKINGHAMSHIRE / HEREFORSHRIE / STAFFORD / STAFFORDSHIRE / CHESHIRE / NOTTINGHAM / NOTTINGHMASHIRE / MANCHESTER / M62 / M1 / M25 / M20 / M5 / M6 / LANCASTER / LANCASHIRE / LEEDS / YORK / YORKSHIRE / ENGLAND / WALES / MILTON KEYNES / BEDFORD / BEDFORDSHIRE / NORTHAMPTON / HAMPSHIRE / BASINGSTOKE / SOUTHAMPTON / BRIGHTON / SOUTH EAST / CAMBRIDGE / CAMBRIDGESHIRE / NORFOLK / NORWICH / SUFFOLK / IPSWICH / HAVERHILL / ROMFORD / MIDDLESEX / SLOUGH / WEST SUSSEX / SURREY / MAIDSTONE / DARTFORD / TONBRIDGE / HYTHE / ASHFORD / BIRMINGHAM / LEICESTER / LEICESTERSHIRE / NOTTINGHAM / NEWCASTLE / YORK / GRIMSBY / LINCOLN / LINCOLNSHIRE / WORCESTER / WORCESTERSHIRE / WARWICK / WARWICKSHIRE / HEREFORD / HEREFORDSHIRE / SOMERSET / BATH
- Quality Management
- Certified Lead Auditor
- CE marking
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'