My client manufactures components and assemblies that are used in a range of industrial and analytical equipment. These include instruments used for the manufacture of silicon chips for the electronic industry though to mass spectrometers that are used for pharmaceutical development and food safety.
Given the critical nature of these products, utmost care and attention is essential during the build process. Due to continued and consistent growth, they now have an opening within the existing team for an Assembly / Test Technician. This role requires a keen attention to detail combined with an ability to consistently work to a high standard as well as a desire to drive improvement in a team environment. Preferably with experience in a Clean Assembly / Class 10k environments, the successful applicant will likely have worked in a similar role, possibly within the aerospace, automotive or electronics industries.
Responsible to: Clean Assembly Supervisor
- Sub assembly of mechanical and electrical components using hand tools.
- Ensure products are built and tested in a timely manner in line with current procedures and drawings in order to meet customer demand.
- Perform final assembly and test on a range of mechanical, electro-mechanical and electrical / electronic assemblies.
- Complete production records and ensure they conform to the required specification.
- Ensure the highest level of quality is achieved at all times.
- Work to company's documentation and relevant regulatory (including Health & Safety and Quality) in order to provide a consistent and professional approach.
- Continuously improve work methods (including within the team and with other functions both within and outside the organisation), processes and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Communicate professionally with colleagues and customers in order to ensure that information is shared effectively and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for managing own time and prioritising workload to maximize effectivity and throughput.
- Perform other duties in relation to job role as considered appropriate by management.
- Full training will be given however the successful candidate will be able to read engineering drawings / schematics, have experience of electro-mechanical assemblies, be computer literate and possess excellent interpersonal skills. They must also be prepared to contribute to their own learning and development within the role.
Overall package includes:
1. 39 hours standard working week.
2. Flexible start 7.30 - 8.00am, flexible finish 4.30-5.30pm, 1pm finish on Friday.
3. All overtime at 1.5 x base rate
4. Life Insurance 4 x Annual Salary
5. Sick Pay after 12 months continuous employment, 12 weeks payable within any 12 month period
6. Attendance Bonus, currently £540 / year paid in December, rules apply
7. 25 Days holiday + 8 Stats
8. Stock and Shares Purchase scheme
SALARY IS HIGHLY COMPETITVE FOR ITS TYPE AND LOCATION
- Engineering Drawings
- clean assembly
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job