Assembly Team Leader
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Autochair, the leading manufacturer of a vehicle adaptions in the UK and a market leader in Europe currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Assembly Team Leader to report to the Deputy Manufacturing Manager.
With 30+ years of innovative product design and manufacturing experience, our facility in Derbyshire is ISO9001 accredited and adopts word-class manufacturing techniques!
We are continuing on our successful growth strategy and are looking for an experienced Assembly team Leader who is capable of mentoring a high performing assembly function which would then be capable of absorbing increased output of existing products and the effective introduction of new products as part of our growth in the coming years.
The role - Assembly Team Leader:
A critical function of this role is to manage and motivate the team to deliver assembled products ready for dispatch and to meet our stock holding of assembled parts in an efficient and safe method, ensuring quality standards are maintained at all times.
A focus on promoting and developing a lean approach to the function, the position will seek to identify areas of waste and non-value added activity, and working with all areas of the business, improve efficiency, effectivity and improve customer service levels.
The responsibilities of this Assembly Team Leader are as follows:
- Line management responsibilities for all staff, including appraisals and development.
- Liaison with the Production Planner to ensure customers’ orders are completed to schedule.
- Development of staff with multi skilling to ensure maximum labour flexibility and job rotation.
- Ensure departmental Health and Safety requirements are adhered to and improved where required.
- Provide daily communications briefs to the team.
- Create and maintain high 5S standards within the area and ensure audits are performed to ensure compliance.
- Ensure all SAP transactions are conducted as necessary to maintain the integrity of stock and production records.
- Play an active role in identifying the requirements for and participating in continuous improvement events.
- Support the Manufacturing Manager to achieve objectives regarding productivity, quality and H&S.
- Effectively interact with other departments eg. Supply Chain, Production Planning, Fabrication and Sales.
Required Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar Assembly Team Leader/Supervisor role.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experienced user of SAP or another ERP system.
- Skilled in leading and motivating staff.
- Yellow Belt in lean/CI.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Ideally IOSH trained.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to excel in this role and lead the Assembly Team click on APPLY" today and submit your CV for consideration in the first instance!