Our client, a $12 Billion global manufacturing company providing precision-engineered solutions for high profile automotive companies, are seeking a conscientious and hardworking assembler to join their rapidly expanding production team based at their facility in Warwickshire.
You will have the responsibility for production of hoses and for following a standard of work, therefore you should be able to work with minimum supervision to timescales.
You need to be self-motivated and capable of working on your own initiative, flexible and have recent previous experience in a similar position
You will be responsible for the fitting, assembly and testing for components, sub-assembles and assemblies for Industrial Systems as required and appropriate.
- Work to production requirements produced by the Supervisor/Manager
- Check raw hose as it is cut to length for defects such as damage, flattening etc.
- Sign works order form at the start of each operation once the dimensions have been confirmed
- Set up saw, crimp machines, etchers and testers for other operators
- Regularly check set dimensions throughout production runs
- Set up and operate testing machine
- Work to requirements shown on works order
- Sign works order a the finish of each batch to show completion of job
- Record any test failures found
- Build ball valves and other assemblies to states requirements
- Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to in hose assembly ad test area
- Basic TPM
- Participate in problems solving and team board updates
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Experience of working with large assemblies
- Experience of working on hydraulic systems
- Experience of assembling hydraulic pipe work and fittings
- Ability to interpret engineering and hydraulic drawings
- Ability to build assemblies and sub-assemblies to test level and assist/test when required
- Practical hand on approach to problem solving
Working Hours and Pay Rate
- The working hours for this position are Monday – Friday working on a rotated weekly shift pattern.
- One week you will be working 06.00-14.00 (Monday-Thursday) and 06.00-12.10 (Friday) (7.65p/h)
- The following week will be 14.00-22.00 (Monday-Thursday) and 12.00 - 18.20 (Friday) (9.18p/h)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job