This challenging Assembly Manager role with a lighting company in Sussex could be the one for you.
You will be responsible for all workshop activities, leading a team of 4 supervisors covering electrical assembly & test, stores, despatch and transportation.
A hands-on / people management shop floor based role ensuring the smooth flow of all sales orders from release of kits, involving build and conversion assembly lines / cells and through to despatch. High percentage of orders on next day service.
Close liaison with sales office and purchasing.
KPI’s :- on-time delivery, right first time quality and labour efficiency.
1. To manage production, covering all aspects of stores, conversion and product build (cell and one-piece flow) and despatch.
2. To lead supervisors and their respective teams, to drive for best in class performance. Specific attention to developing skills amongst work force.
3. Execute continuous improvement projects in the pursuit of the business vision and objectives. Specific attention to maintaining high growth rates whilst minimising additional costs.
4. In conjunction with sales office and Operations Director, maintain capacity plan to allow forward loading new orders, and ensuring material availability.
5. Daily review of production plan with supervisors to ensure 100% adherence to schedule and immediate resolution of any production holds. Drive production plan to meet all customer deliveries, with the most efficient plan for labour utilisation and weekly financial targets.
6. Ensure accuracy of inventory, by count, location and financial value. Liaise with purchasing to ensure that stock levels maintained to meet customer needs, whilst maximising inventory turns.
7. Add to and maintain set of leading performance indicators to publish progress in areas of cost, quality & delivery.
8. Maintain company health and safety policy, carrying out regular safety audits to maintain regular risk assessments and execution of recommended actions.
Experienced production manager/supervisor, familiar with electrical assembly and fast turn stock conversion, good at managing changing priorities.
Background in best in class manufacturing practice, with knowledge of implementation of appropriate lean principles across all aspects of production and materials handling.
Sufficient technical knowledge gained in electrical assembly environment, capable of understanding product & processes and able to contribute to design and manufacturing solutions.
Uncompromising approach to achieving excellence in product quality and customer service.
Clear understanding of materials management, stores handling and transportation.
Knowledgeable in inventory data systems and able to quickly learn the requirements of Pegasus Opera operating system.
Working knowledge of Health & Safety, creating safe and healthy conditions within the shop floor.
Provide leadership at all levels within the company to drive continuous improvement programmes.
Shop floor management presence, able to convey immediate workshop organisation disciplines and thorough problem solving to any issues that arise.
Self motivator, with strong planning, analytical and organisational skills.
Confident interpersonal skills, working within and leading teams, influencing and negotiating.
Do you have the skills, confidence and energy this demanding role requires? Then submit your CV today and I will get right back to you.
My name is Ben Bridle at bbr talent and I look forward to hearing from you.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'