Assembly Line Leader (Fixed Term)
Here at The BBI Group, we are recruiting for roles to support its work as part of a UK Government consortium, tasked with developing and manufacturing a Covid-19 Point of Care antibody test to support the government strategy on COVID-19 testing.
This test would be used by people in their homes to determine if they have an antibody response to COVID-19, which would confirm previous infection. The test, together with the UK Government’s overall strategy on testing and vaccination, support a move towards detecting and eradicating the virus.
This is a unique opportunity for you to join a progressive and growing organisation, which is contributing to South Wales and the UK’s resistance to the pandemic.
We are proud to be an integral part of this project and looking for talented individuals to join us, we are currently hiring an Assembly Line Leader (Supervisor), on a fixed-term basis at our Global Headquarters in Crumlin, South Wales.
BBI Solutions has served the global diagnostics industry for over 50 years, as a leading developer and manufacturer of raw materials and finished test platforms for the in-vitro diagnostics market. Product ranges include antigens, antibodies, enzymes, serums and plasma’s as well as renowned labels for lateral flow and ELISA assays.
Our mission is to deliver exceptional products and technologies that people rely on to enjoy a better quality of life. Through innovation, partnership, effective delivery and the collaboration of our people, we constantly strive to help set industry standards, engender trust and build our reputation for excellence.
The salary offered for this role is competitive and makes up part of BBI’s attractive benefits package, which includes:
- 5% Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (4x Annual Salary)
- Private Health Care Scheme (Including Access to Digital GP, Physiotherapy, Stress Helpline)
- Global Employee Wellbeing Programme
- Generous Annual Leave Package
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Free Onsite Parking (Including Electric Charging Points)
- On Site Cafeteria (Including Free Tea and Coffee Facilities)
The Assembly Line Leader Role
The Assembly Line Leader (Supervisor) will be responsible for the running of 1 or more manufacturing assembly line (Manual or Automated) within the assembly area. This includes basic line management of operators on the assembly line, including redistribution of resource within the line to ensure maximum output and quality.
The Assembly Line leader will also be expected to perform each process within the manufacturing line in order to cover leave and sickness within the team. The line leader is also expected to escalate any manufacturing or quality issue immediately to the shift leader.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Manage a specific (could be more than one) manufacturing line, including basic line management of assembly operators.
- Ensure line outputs align with the production plan
- Ability to identify key improvements in assembly methods and feedback to line management.
- Adherence to BBI’s Quality System.
- Ensure GMP Compliant Records from self and team.
- Ensuring batch records and defined checks are completed accurately and in real time.
- Operation, maintenance, calibration, set up and cleaning of various equipment. Maintenance and cleaning of the production area.
- Participation in Validation Activities. (When Required)
- Participate in equipment and process failure investigations and troubleshooting (When Required)
- Ability to work with colleagues in other functions to disseminate specialized knowledge as required
- Ability to give clear and appropriate communication with colleagues
- Work to BBI health and safety requirements.
- Lead training of new starters where appropriate.
- Work appropriate shift patterns
To be successful in your application for Assembly Line Leader, you will need to demonstrate prior production experience at a supervisory level or other relevant experience. You will need a solid experience of manufacturing processes along with an understanding of ISO 13485, 21 CRF Part 820 or another relevant standard. We are seeking an individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong decision-making ability.
If you are an internal employee applying for this vacancy you and your manager are required to complete an internal transfer form. This needs to be completed in full and attached to your application along with your CV and cover letter.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'