The site we are supporting repair aircraft computers, LCD and CRT cockpit displays, laser navigation systems, radio systems, gyrocompasses and many other critical electronic components.
This is initially for 6 months on a contract basis however permanent positions are available.
* Evaluate, test, troubleshoot and repair products coming into the site within the required time specified.
* Working in a team over 70 technicians performing component level maintenance and repair.
* Predominantly focusing on the repair of circuit cards.
Essential / tasks and duties:
* Applies general technical concepts, principles, practices and techniques.
* Participates in specific process teams, usually with a clearly defined charter.
* Impact is normally within a single technical process or project or may extend over several processes where impact is short-term.
* Possesses familiarity and capability in the tools of the profession. Applies well-known techniques where technical precedents are well-established.
* Develops ways to improve technical processes and products within own process team or work group.
* Demonstrates understanding of basic processes & equipment used in own area.
* Solves routine problems by selecting the appropriate solution from a limited set of options/procedures following instructions/guidelines.
* May use mathematics involving calculation of percentages, ratios & simple, preset formulas/instruction.
*Basic word processing database, spreadsheet and/or machine operation applications. Able to access multiple systems.
* Provides and obtains information on routine matters with internal and external contacts.
* Reads & comprehends procedure manuals/routine business correspondence/basic technical information.
* Communicates competently in one-on-one discussions. Can write minutes & simple memos.
* Works with leader to plan & schedule own work.
* Orders & replaces supplies/ equipment/parts. May include preparation & sending of supplies, equipment or parts to an external customer. Performs multiple material handling functions.
* Files & retrieves documentation. Records data. Reads and follows prints, methods and operation sheets/procedures.
* Guideline is specialised training in technical discipline generally obtained through HNC, ONC, C&G or equivalent work experience.
* Demonstrates continuous learning gained through a variety of sources such as professional associations, certifications, etc
* Exceptional attention to detail.
* Able to work to deadlines and multi task.
* Experience in soldering and the use of test equipment (e.g. millimeter, oscilloscope) would be an advantage.
* Previous experience of working within the aerospace sector would be an advantage, but is not essential.
* ONC or HNC qualification preferred (or equivalent). Relevant work experience will be considered where there is no formal education
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job