Our client based in Fareham requires an experienced Assembler Calibrator.
The Assembler Calibrator performs a range of routine mechanical and/or electromechanical assembly and test operations, under well-defined instructions and in accordance with company policy and safety procedures.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Performs a range of routine mechanical and/or electromechanical assembly of small parts or components in accordance with company instructions and procedures
- To carry out fault finding activities on electro/mechanical sub-assembly and GA.
- To carry out rework and modifications in accordance with relevant standards.
- To calibrate and conduct test routines at sub-assembly and GA levels.
- To compile test reports and other relevant documentation.
- To carry out finishing operations prior to shipment to customer.
- To maintain input to business information systems as appropriate.
- Identify to the Team Leader any health or safety hazards within the working area.
- Carry out "housekeeping" of own working area.
- Demonstrates all safety policies and procedures
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or related field, or extensive proven experience in a similar assembly role.
- Able to follow written repair, overhaul and general test procedures to determine the serviceability of any electro-mechanical product at Final Assembly and Sub-Assembly levels with the minimum of supervision & training
- The ability to conduct thorough surveys down to component level.
- Diagnose, repair and overhaul mechanical instrumentation to component level using mechanical assembly first principles.
- Familiar with the use of a wide range of mechanical tools, test and measurement equipment.
- Able to read and interpret technical data including assembly diagrams, assembly drawings, basic wiring and circuit diagrams and technical publications.
- Ability to carry out survey and test then record findings on the FRACAS system history documentation.
- Carry out production (new build) or repair work as required.
- Can plan own workload effectively in line with business output plans.
- Ability to transfer own skills to others within the business to meet required goals.
- Previous relevant experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job