Prospero Teaching are looking for a confident, assertive, and approachable Cover Supervisors/TA's to cover classes/support in a number of schools in Warrington. Most of the timetable for this role will be to cover key stage 3 and key stage 4 levels, all abilities and subjects. You will be required to cover sickness/staff absences and therefore need to be available promptly. Calls to cover staff can be made on the day or in advance if required.
The position is open to both graduates and experienced cover supervisors as well as individuals who have undertaken leadership roles in youth activities or even sports coaching. Depending on performance the school would look at either extending the contract or offering a permanent position. This role is best suited to applicants who have a desire to pursue a career in education as a teacher, to gain experience and knowledge of classroom management, the curriculum and how a school runs.
- Location - Wigan
- Position - Cover Supervisor/TA
- Type of work - Covering classes in absence of a Class Teacher/support
- Start date - NOW
- Duration / Likely Duration - ongoing until further notice - sickness cover
- End date (if applicable) - N/A
- Contract type - Temporary
- Full time/part time - Part time
- Minimum rate of pay - Minimum rate £85 per day
- Hours - 8:30 am - 4pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Recent Graduate, with a 2:1 or higher
- Previous experience working in a UK school
- Previous experience working in a leadership role
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year
- Up to date Prevent training issued in the last year
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references covering the last 2 years
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up-to-date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register and have passed all safeguarding/vetting checks with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy. Any adult working with children and vulnerable young people are responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of the children and young people.
Prospero Teaching can offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- cover supervisor
- future teacher
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'