Teaching Assistant / Learning Support Assistant
Education and Training
Guildford area, Surrey
Would you like to work with young people who need support in the classroom?
The number of teaching assistants (TAs) working in schools in England has trebled over the past ten years or so, and they play a vital part in primary-school children's learning.
But, what does the job involve and what is the school like?
Join a school where the staff are a valuable asset and supported by a strong, enthusiastic leadership team:
- A high achieving school of approximately 1 250 students between the ages of 11 and 16
- A school that is proud of their history of success and reputation in the local community
- A school that is well known as a place of excellence and where they are very proud of their academic, sporting, artistic and community achievements
- A school that reflects a trend of positive progress in their results and achievements
- A team who will support you and where you can expect an exceptional breadth of experience and a healthy learning curve
- A team that will heavily invest in your professional development, offer you a competitive reward package and give you a chance to progress in your career
- A team that is innovative in their techniques to motivate learners
- A team that develops positive relationships with students, staff and parents
The roles and responsibilities of are varied and can include:
- Getting the classroom ready for lessons
- Listening to children read, reading to them or telling them stories
- Helping children on a one-to-one basis who need extra support to complete tasks
- Helping teachers to plan learning activities and complete records
- Supporting teachers in managing class behaviour
- Supervising group activities
- Helping with outings and sports events
- Taking part in training
- Carrying out administrative tasks
- Monday to Friday from 08h30 to 15h30
Nuts and Bolts:
You will need to:
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Have your National Insurance number
- Provide recent and relevant references
- Have a valid DBS/police check (if you do not possess a current DBS you will need to apply and we will assist you with this)
- Teaching Assistant
- Learning Support Assistant
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'