ASG Senior System Engineer
ASG Senior Systems Engineer
Our client has an exciting new opportunity to join them as an ASG Senior Systems Engineer. As ASG Senior Systems Engineer you will: Provide 2+ and 3rd level technical support for our client’s advanced server and cloud-based telecommunications products in a fast paced, demanding environment servicing the financial community. Responsible for the Communications product lines.
This individual will have knowledge in installation and troubleshooting of IT server-based technologies, databases and operating systems, as well as knowledge of telecommunications, networks and related security technologies.
Must be able to work nights & weekends as required. Travel at short notice may be required.
This position reports to the Regional Manager, ASG with day-to-day work overseen by the Regional Supervisor.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Act as problem investigator and manager to assist an incident management team (per ITIL service model)
- Assist Tier 1 Engineers and Technicians remotely with technical issues raised through installation and/or service issues.
- Work with Centre of Excellence, DevOps and R&D to identify bugs, perform triage, and work towards the ultimate resolution of the identified issue.
o Triage new concerns raised in a timely manner.
o Escalate issues to appropriate organizations
o Participate in incident and problem resolution process based on Swarm methodology
o Ensure that all relevant information has been collected and correlated and analyse this data where applicable.
o When possible, reproduce the fault in the lab and establish protocols for active monitoring of troubled sites.
o Present results to the development team so that changes can be implemented to resolve the concern.
o Adhere to best practices in incident/issue classification and documentation and time tracking
- Work with customers and other personnel during the installation and troubleshooting of products and networks.
- Provide risk management services to deployment and operations teams by reviewing designs and procedures used in production deployment
- Manage and operate team’s lab environment
- Continue improving personal technical and product specific skills via company provided training and self-study
- Support and coordinate Alpha and Beta releases of products.
- Work with Sales and Sales Engineering on special applications to meet customer requirements
- Provide training to Technicians, Sales, Sales Support and other departments, when necessary.
- Create installation and troubleshooting documentation, when necessary
- Willing to travel on short notice
- Willing to work alternate shifts, nights and weekends as required
- High energy, motivated engineer with prior experience in troubleshooting incidents and problems
- Strong technical foundation
- Should have:
o Understanding of Virtualization technologies, Networking and Operating Systems (Linux RedHat , Windows Servers):
- Domains / Workgroups
- User accounts and Services
- Security (Key and certificate management and troubleshooting, authentication methods, secure communication protocols)
- OS low level troubleshooting: CLI, log review, firewall and file operations
- TCP/IP / DHCP / DNS / NTP
o An understanding of VoIP and SIP
o Experience working in a technical support role, preferably to external customers
o Technical writing / drawing skills
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills
o Flexibility and willingness to work non-standard hours on occasion to meet customer demand.
- Strong preference for:
o Experience with IPC technologies, support of Cloud environments, PBX and Compliance
o Server & Operating Systems Certifications:
- Linux Certification (CompTIA, LPIC, or Red Hat), or
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE, MCSA)
- CompTIA Server+
o Network / Telecommunications Certifications:
- CompTIA Network+
- Cisco Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CCVP)
- Any advanced SIP certification (SSCA, etc)
o Working experience with Splunk and/or Ancible
o Familiarity with ITIL practices
- Education: University Degree in any computer subject. 2:1 or 1st BSc (Network Computing, Forensic computing)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'