Primary ASD Learning Support Assistant in Tower Hamlets
Excellent opportunity for a Primary ASD Learning Support Assistant in a high performing primary school in Tower Hamlets.
A lovely school located in Tower Hamlets are looking for a LSA to join their team to work 1-1 with an ASD student. The school is in a great located, Poplor close to public transport. The staff are caring and they create an excellent learning and teaching environment for all. There is the opportunity for ongoing training while in this position.
This role would be working with an ASD student who is largely non-verbal currently. With support the school are hoping this will change
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience working with ASD students is necessary,
- Empathic and understand the safeguarding of children.
- Great behaviour management skills
- Able to use the appropriate skills when working with ASD students
- Flexible, able to use initiative and a must have a patient nature.
- Able to work well with teachers and other support staff
- Excellent spoken English.
- Knowledge of PECs / SCERTs
- Hold CACHE, diploma in teaching assistant or equivalent qualifications.
- Working as a teaching assistant within a primary school in Tower Hamlets
- Working 1-1 with pupils with autistic spectrum disorder (ASD) who is largely non-verbal
- This role would be to start at the february half term,
- Opportunity to become a permanent position within the school
- Daily rate £70-£80, depending on experience.
The school is looking to start interviews ASAP, with the role to start in the coming weeks.
To apply please send you CV and a cover letter to Lauren Rogers at ASQ-Education.
If you feel that this is not the right role for you, we work across London in both primary and secondary schools. Feel free to contact ASQ Education and we will find the perfect role for you.
- Teaching Assistant
- Tower Hamlets
- autistic spectrum disorder
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job