- January start
- Secondary ASD teacher
- 'Good' Ofsted
- 130-160 daily rate (dependant on experience)
- Excellent on-site facilities
A 'Good' School based in Croydon are looking to recruit an ASD Teacher for their Secondary department to start in January 2018 on a full time and long term basis. ASD Teachers will need to be able to teach across the curriculum and differentiate lessons according to their needs. As an ASD teacher you will complete 1:1 support for students including assisting in personal care tasks (feeding, changing, toileting etc.). This ASD Teacher role would suit a primary or secondary trained teacher who is able to teach across either curriculums and differentiate appropriately. The school has an amazing training scheme and induction programme and as a result, encourages applications from NQTs.
The ideal ASD teacher will have the following:
- Has had classroom based experience either in mainstream or SEN
- Has experience teaching ASD students
- Strong subject knowledge of the national curriculum
- Experience using PECs and Makaton (preferable but not essential)
- Team Teach (A huge bonus but not essential)
- Has QTS
This school believes in a collaborative approach and all staff and therapists work together to ensure students can have the best possible experience at the school. The school currently holds the highly regarded Gold Charter Mark as an 'Investor in People' and aims to upskill all staff with relevant training for working with ASD. They boast excellent facilities on site which cater for the needs of ASD pupils including a sensory room, 2 ICT suites and a school allotment with animals.
If you would like to be put forward for this position then please send through your CV today!
- "special educational needs"
- "Special needs"
- "moderate learning difficulties"
- "Autistic spectrum disorder"
- "speech and language communication needs"
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job