Do you have experience of working with pupils with Autistic Spectrum Disorder?
Our client mainstream school in St. Helens are looking for a highly motivated and flexible Teaching Assistant or Learning Support Assistant with experience of working with children on the Autistic spectrum and are keen to make a difference with challenging students.
This school prides themselves on providing the highest quality education for all pupils and aim to ensure every child enjoys their time at school, while achieving their best. They have excellent standing in their community and Iâ€™ve had great feedback from other staff Iâ€™ve placed there.
The school is keen to meet Autism Aware staff who can commit to 5 days a week for the first half of the autumn term, with a view to continuing on until Christmas.
As well as providing tuition support to students with ASD, you will also be providing practical assistance to the staff and cater for the personal welfare and educational needs of the pupils.
You will be responsible for assisting the Teacher in planninganddeliveringclass activities, support and work with individuals and small groups on specific activities,contribute to the management of pupil behaviour and assist the teacher to prepare the classroom including materials and equipment.
The working hours for this role are 8.15 - 4.00pm, Monday to Friday, with 30 minutes for lunch. Standard rates of pay apply at £57.50pd.
To become part of the CER Learning Support Plus team you will need:
- English language reading and comprehension to GCSE standard
- Numeracy skills to GCSE standard
- Training in the relevant National curriculum requirements
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Learning Support
- Team Teach qualification is an advantage but not essential as this training can be provided via CER
Just some of the benefits that come from working with CER include:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Variety of day to day, long term and permanent positions
- Access to free online CPD training courses
- Support of the experienced CER Liverpool Team
- DBS cash back scheme
- Employee lifestyle benefits scheme
- AWR pay scale after 12 weeks
- Refer a friend scheme - up to £250 bonus!
If you're looking to make a change and use your expertise to develop their students skills then we want to hear from you. Please click apply below and we will be in touch within 48hrs should you be suitable for the role.