ASC Teaching Assistant in Merton Primary School
Nurture Education are currently looking for an experienced TA to work in a SEN role with Autism in an established primary school in Merton. This is a full time, long term position starting ASAP and lasting until the end of the academic year, with the opportunity of becoming a permanent position.
You will be expected to have experience working with autistic pupils in a 121 settings or small groups. Makaton or PECS knowledge is preferable but not essential. You should be able to support engaging lessons and have excellent interpersonal skills along with a positive approach and strong behaviour management.
1:1 Autism Teaching Assistant - The Candidate
- Psychology Graduate Preferred but not essential
- Previous SEN experience Essential
- Resilient and Determined Personality
- Aspiring Educational Psychologist or Teacher
1:1 Autism Teaching Assistant- The Role
- 1:1 Autism Support
- Helping children overcome communication and behavioural barriers
- Working closely with the SENCO
- Academic and Pastoral Support
- General Classroom Support
- Full-time, long-term position
1:1 Autism Teaching Assistant - The School
- 2 Form Entry Primary School
- Higher than Average number of SEN students
- Experienced SENCO
- Highly regarded Inclusion Team
In order to work with Nurture Education, you must have the Legal right to work in the UK and have or be willing to apply for an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, or overseas Police clearances (if applicable).
Please get in contact if interested.
Nurture Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
- Graduate Recruitment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job