ASC Occupational Therapist - Older Adults Team
ECC Adult Social Care, through effective practice, is moving towards a transformational shift from a focus on long-term care support, to a model with four key principles :- prevention; early intervention; enablement and safeguarding. This will enable people, their families and carers to be able to access information and tools to live healthily and independently. Providing an opportunity to respond pro-actively to growing service demand in a sustainable way, within the financial constraints of the Council.
Occupational therapists carry out assessments of risk and deliver therapeutic interventions which build resilience and enable independent living for vulnerable adults. Quality assuring interventions to ensure that vulnerable people are safeguarded in line with the Council's statutory obligations, working with colleagues across the council and in other statutory bodies to do so, balancing need with financial commitment.
A qualified Occupational Therapist, with the ability to demonstrate practice in accordance with current professional standards. Positive risk taking and close working with the community are key to this role.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Diploma of the College of Occupational Therapists or B.Sc O.T. or other professional qualification recognised by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards. Current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as an Occupational Therapist.
- Experience within a social care setting, with evidence of challenging social and family situations.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to develop a rapport and engage with diverse groups of individuals.
- Developing strong relationships with partners, other agencies and the local community to achieve joint objectives and offer a supportive framework for vulnerable adults.
- Understand the financial implications of care packages commissioned.
- Evidence of clear decision making in order to highlight and limit the potential risks associated with intervention.
The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wider operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://dbs-update-service.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://benefits
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Essex Recruitment Team on *
*Calls to this number are charged in the same way as calls to numbers starting 01 or 02, please check with your service provider
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'