SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Asbestos Surveyor/Analyst to join our global organisation. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting asbestos consultancy work at sites throughout the UK including asbestos surveys, asbestos air tests, provision of advice and project management. The salary on offer will be £18,000 - £25,000 per annum (plus benefits) depending on experience.
- Accurate interpretation of job card instructions including any scope of works or contract review; subsequent accurate identification & safe sampling of suspect acm’s.
- Subsequent accurate assessment of asbestos removal works, detection of asbestos debris and ensuring the site complies with the requirements of HSG 247 clearance test.
- Collation of appropriate information to allow pricing of work, job booking and scheduling.
- Account management for specific clients.
- Proactive liaison with clients and line managers during site work where problems are found.
- Timely processing of samples and production of final report.
- To actively enhance professional development by attending monthly tool box talks and any other training sessions.
- To cooperate with the QC department including completion of the required audit schedule.
- Actively seek and promote opportunities.
- Assist in the education of less experienced team members.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent communication and customer facing skills.
- Understanding of basic building techniques and terminology.
- In depth knowledge of asbestos containing materials and where they can be found in houses, buildings and other structures.
- Excellent understanding of air monitoring, clearance testing and asbestos removal management.
- Excellent knowledge of UK asbestos legislation.
- Understanding the risks associated with acm’s.
- Inquisitive and diligent nature, appreciation of the importance of the job and understanding of the QC system requirements.
- Good IT skills.
- In depth knowledge of asbestos management techniques
- Ability to accurately price asbestos surveys and air tests.
- Ability to arrange minor asbestos removal works in line with SGS safe procedures.
- Asbestos surveyor/analyst experience
- Experience in project management of asbestos survey or air test work.
- Experience in asbestos management and removal.
- P402, P403, P404, Certificates.
- CCP (Asbestos).
- P405 and/or P406 Certificates
- Health & Safety qualifications.
- Project management qualifications.
- Air Monitoring
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job