This well-established finance company are looking to recruit a new Arrears and Collections Clerk, to cover a 9-month maternity contract initially. The Arrears and Collections Clerk will work closely with the Customer Services and Sales team to ensure that all arrears are processed in line with company policies and procedures and within agreed deadlines. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Arrears and Collections Clerk to join a successful and respected team in the business, where you will be rewarded with medical cover, a company pension and 23 days holidays plus Bank Holidays.
To apply for the Arrears and Collections Clerk it is essential that you have proven collections, arrears management or credit control skills, gained within a professional finance environment. Due to the location of the office, your own transport is essential. You will need to be able to pass a satisfactory credit check, due to FCA regulations.
- Making arrears calls, chasing outstanding payments
- Liaising with Area Managers regarding their customers who are in arrears
- Filing and dealing with confidential paperwork
- Processing credit card payments
- Terminating agreements when all payments received or no more payments are forthcoming
- Protecting customer data securely
- Administering customer accounts, updating a database and diarising in future calls
- Ensuring that all relevant paperwork is issued to customers in a timely and accurate manner, and in line with regulatory requirements
- Confident phone manner, able to negotiate effectively with clients, ensuring future business but get commitment of payment
- Previous collections or credit control skills
- Ability to work to targets and in a pressurised environment
- Knowledge/experience in financial services environment would be desireable, but not essential
- Exceptional administration skills, ideally gained within a regulated finance environment
- Numeric skills are essential, with the ability to analyse numerical data
- Ability to use financial calculators
- Excellent organisational skills with strong problem solving skills
- Self motivated and uses own initiative
- Very attentive to detail and disciplined in approach to administration
- Able to accurately input data onto an inhouse database and Excel spreadsheets
- IT skills in MS Word, Excel and Outlook, all to a good level of ability
- Understand business targets and the personal contribution required to achieve these
Arrears, collections, credit control, recoveries, financial services.
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven`t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for thisparticular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"