Area Sales Representative
Covering the South West and North Wales (based remotely)
Salary up to £30,000 + commission + company car + benefits
We are working with a market leader in the manufacture of seasonings and fine food ingredients, established almost 40 years ago they have a reputation for creating award winning, gourmet recipes and blends. They sell into retailers and wholesalers through-out the UK and they are now looking for an Area Sales Representative to cover the South West of England and North Wales. The main purpose of this position is to identify and acquire new accounts and maintain and develop existing accounts in their specified territory.
- Develop new and innovative ways of selling the company’s products.
- Maintain loyalty from existing customers through regular visits, and the introduction of forthcoming product development.
- Call on potential customers to introduce the company, leave sample products and information with the aim to establish new accounts.
- Maintain regular contact with the Group Sales Director so as to strengthen lines of communication.
- Attend Trade exhibitions (approximately once per year).
- Liaise with the Sales Office regarding customer queries on documentation, stocks, delivery and service.
- Be aware of the company’s terms of trading, and ensure that all customers are also aware, and that they keep to these same terms.
- Review own sales performance and developing yourself to achieve aims and objectives of the company and participate in annual Performance Appraisals and reach agreed KPIs.
- Travel to head office (minimum once per month) for sales meetings.
- Anticipate potential opportunities by researching the relevant markets, competitors, locating potential events and marketing opportunities
- Ensure that all customer records are up-to-date and contain full information on names and positions of all contacts
- Ensure a cycle-of-calling plan is in existence for the area, and is being worked in a systematic manner, with regular reviews
- Report clearly and speedily on day-to-day activities, changing business trends, customer complaints, satisfaction, and competitors activities, in accordance with directions issued from time to time by the Group Sales Director, and on the appropriate forms supplied for the purposes.
- Collection and banking of cheques and cash in accordance with company terms of business.
- Twice-yearly visits to the Isle of Man (Customer Visit).
- Liaise with NPD on new products and bespoke customer requests.
Skills and knowledge
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Presentation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- Good organisational, self-motivation, prioritising and time management skills
- Ability to assimilate, convey and present technical information accurately
- Ability to meet customer needs
- Attention to detail
- Time management and organisational skills
- Work on own initiative and as a team member
- Outstanding networking skills and ability to make contacts and build acquaintances with potential customers
- Statistical, trend analysis and sales forecasting skills
- Ability to think laterally and creatively to remove perceived obstacles with customers
- Influencing and negotiating skills
- Versatile and flexible in line with industry developments
- Member of Institute of Sales and Marketing Management (ISMM)
- Formal training on sales-related subjects
- Knowledge of food manufacturing processes
- Technical knowledge of the seasonings industry
Previous work experience
- Experience of working in the seasoning, dehydrated foods, meat, bakery or fish industry
- Experience of acquiring, developing and maintaining new accounts, particularly within the food ingredients or food packaging industry
- Proven track record of successfully generating and developing sales evidenced by substantial growth through innovative sales strategies
- Evidence of your ability to establish strong, positive relationships with customers which has driven sales growth
If you are interested in this role and you hold the relevant skills please send your CV today for immediate consideration
- Account Manager
- Business Development
- Field Sales
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job