Our client is a leading and International Building products manufacturer in their particular field of business and have a track record of selling to contractors, specifiers, merchants and public sector customers and authorities. They also have a great reputation for career development with excellent staff retention and stability and the current Sales Manager has climbed the career ladder from their start in a similar Sales position.
They are currently recruiting for two Area Sales Manager to cover London territories.
The ideal candidates will live in one of these postcodes
1. North London WD / EN / HA / UB / NW / N / E / IG
2. South East London & Kent SE / CR / BR / DA / RM / ME / CT / TN
You will need to have external, field based sales experience and a background in professional sales in a product orientated environment. The role is "person led" and therefore you must be engaging, have an articulate confident manner and be someone who is seen and remembered in a positive light. This client is also looking for a professional individual who is bright / well educated and prepared to put the hard work and effort into developing their Sales Region and their Sales Career.
As Area Sales Manager you will have responsibility to develop and manage the wide range of customers whether Contractors, Specifiers, merchants or public sector clients on the region. The successful candidate will be required to build on existing relationships with daily face to face visits to develop accounts and maximize Sales and Company presence. You will also be required to seek and identify sales growth and business opportunities to help increase the turnover on the Region.
- An enthusiastic manner and positive attitude
- Business intelligence
- Ability to listen and understand customers
- Confident and Professionally presented
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Good organisational skills
- Positive and Energetic
- Excellent Telephone Manner
- Where necessary spend occasional nights away.
- Experience in selling to Building Contractors / Merchants / Specifiers will be an advantage, although not essential. Backgrounds in professional B2B Sales in other sectors have been recruited and will be looked at positively.
- Full UK Driving Licence
To summarise you will need to be articulate, intelligent, enthusiastic and driven to fit into a successful and growing organisation with a great sales team. You will also have a positive approach to sales and have a relatively good level of IT literacy. Essentially, you must have the personality, intelligence, drive and enthusiasm not only to develop existing customers but also to seek new business opportunities where appropriate, help secure targets and build your career over the long term within an organisation which is continuing to grow year on year.
They are offering a basic salary of £35-50k depending on experience, with commission, bonuses, company car etc. Please call Dan at Alexander Chapel to discuss or apply now with your CV