Company - Leading national food supplier
Job Title - Area Sales Manager
Location - Field based covering Lancashire, Cumbria and parts of Yorkshire.
Salary - £30-35k / annum) £8-9K bonus/ company car
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Area Sales Manager with experience within the food service sector, to join the team within a leading organisation.
You will be required to prospect, engage, develop and grow new and existing customers in your geographical region.
Partnered with an office based telesales colleague, you will control all aspects of new business growth, share of wallet, promotional activity and general customer queries and questions from your assigned geographical area
You will be targeted to prospect, engage, win and integrate new business as well as work alongside your existing customer base to exceed the business target for your area
You and your assigned Telesales Operative will work as a team in a geographical area and look to retain, gain and grow.
- To achieve and increase sales turnover and gross profit through account management (approx 80%) and new business (approx 20%).
- To devise and deliver area business plan to maximise growth
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the customers wants and needs and present the appropriate business solution as well as understanding the operational element of the business to provide the best long term solution for the customer
- To devise and deliver a telesales partnership plan
- To gain and develop new accounts
- To proactively manage customer retention
- Accurate completion of area sales administration
- Maintenance of effective call cycle
- Maintain competitor awareness
- Liaise with accounts function to minimise credit exposure
- Maintain and develop knowledge of product offering
- Ensure best commercial fit to customer and business
- To work closely with the your manager and individuals within the team.
- Proven track record of profitable sales delivery within the food service sector
- Demonstration of the effectiveness of the company sales process
- The role requires you to have the ability to create strong and credible rapport with key customer decision makers
- Demonstrable knowledge of the market place
- A passion for produce, fish, dairy, deli and food in general
- The capacity to interpret, understand and act upon financial data to achieve customer solutions
- You must be a team player and make it your priority to understand your fellow team members to maximise the potential of the overall team performance
- IT literate
- Full UK driving licence
We are always keen to talk with Sales Representatives, Regional Account Managers, Territory Managers, Business Development Managers, Sales Executives and Area Sales Managers.
- Area Sales
- Field Sales
- Food Industry
- Food Service
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'