Area Sales Manager
National Sales Manager
Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm, 1 hour lunch
To increase sales by proactively selling the company and actively promoting the range of products associated with brand. Hitting sales targets and meeting KPI's. Carrying out all necessary tasks to assist in the successful growth of the brand.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities - outcomes to be delivered:
· Diary management and planning to ensure that your time is utilised in the most productive and effective way.
· Fully prepare for and attend appointments with both existing and prospective customers to build and maintain strong relationships.
· Researching and prospecting of new contacts and responding to any sales leads promptly. Identifying any future markets, product requirements and enhancements. Attending exhibitions and industry events to gain new business leads.
· Managing customer database effectively. Updating with new prospect contacts and customer information and visit notes. Ensuring records are kept accurate and up to date.
· Analysing and maintaining industry knowledge of competitors and their products.
· Providing quotations and managing ongoing pricing reviews.
· Constantly look for opportunities to up-sell and add on sales. Promptly follow up sample and quotations to convert to sales. Providing PR opportunities whenever possible.
· Primary responsibility for checking customer sales history and purchasing trends to ensure they are ordering all possible product lines.
· Achieving all monthly / annual sales targets and KPI's.
· Assisting with technical queries. Effectively managing customer complaints and queries. Taking all necessary steps to resolve matters promptly (for example product testing and site visits).
UK travel required
Area Sales Manager
Skills / Knowledge / Experience / Training / Qualifications
Assessed at the application stage. Also in the interview / telephone assessment and data entry assessment.
Proven experience within a field sales role within a similar environment
Experience of using SAP computer system
A proven record of hitting and exceeding sales targets and KPI's
Relevant industry experience
Excellent relationship building skills and ability to create rapport.
Experience of working in a regional role
Organised and efficient in planning and diary management.
Retention & objection handling skills
Degree or equivalent qualification relevant to the role
Good level of education
Excellent communication skills
Full UK driving license
Well presented and professional manner
Key Role Competencies
Assessed at the interview/selection testing stage.
Building beneficial relationships
Able to engage and interact effectively with customers. Is influential and persuasive to secure sales opportunities.
Able to assess and respond to customer needs, and evaluate customer satisfaction
Is internally driven to accomplish goals and can stay attentive. Self-disciplined and demanding of themselves. Ability to work on own initiative and be self-motivated.
Strong attention to detail. Takes initiative and manages multiple projects and activities simultaneously. Able to work independently, meets deadlines and take ownership for own results.
Optimism / Resilience
Initiative and the ability to focus on opportunities and solutions. Refusal to allow rejection from a customer or a missed target to affect their ability to perform. Remains positive.
Our Company Values
Assessed at the interview / selection stage and throughout the probation period.
'Can do' attitude, presents solutions, takes a pride in the workplace appearance and standards. Always happy to go the extra mile
Gets involved, is committed and passionate about what they do. Enjoys coming to work.
Make a Difference
Challenges the status quo (why do I / we do it this way?) Drives continuous improvement (how can I / we do better, what else can we do?)
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job