This successful, privately-owned company has three regional sites and is widely known throughout the local industry as a leading stockist and distributor of welding equipment and consumables. They deal across multiple market sectors including automotive, aerospace, fabrication, construction and general manufacturing. The business has over 30 members of staff and have a turnover that has been growing year on year for the past 5 years showing sustained market growth.
This Area Sales Manager role is to cover the Shropshire, Hereford and Staffordshire and is a field-based sales position. You will deal with the key accounts of the area to maximise sales and you will also focus on generating new business and increasing sales throughout the region.
Reporting directly into the Sales Director, you will be targeted on maximising key accounts and bringing in new business. You will help the business increase their market share, build long lasting relationships and help grow existing accounts through newly identified opportunities.
The successful candidate will:
• Generate and attend field-based visits throughout the Shropshire, Hereford and Staffordshire areas to new and existing clients.
• Liaise with customers on site being able to position the company’s products as high quality with longer term cost and quality benefits.
• Take ownership of sales related opportunities.
• Be entrepreneurial in nature and be a self-starter.
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will have good interpersonal skills and a strong desire to succeed through delivering a high level of service and quality rather than the cheapest product. It is important for the right candidate to be commercially focused and have worked in an external field-based sales function, ideally selling into the manufacturing or engineering sector.
Due to the nature of the role, the ideal candidate will have a proven sales track-record, consistently meeting or exceeding targets and be willing to assist with ad-hoc business needs where appropriate.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a target driven and results orientated field-based sales environment.
• Knowledge of welding products, Personal Protective Equipment or other relevant manufacturing/engineering consumables.
• A proven background in business development.
If you fit the criteria and are interested in applying for this Area Sales Manager vacancy please click apply.
- Welding Procedures
- Arc Welding
- MIG welding
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job