Area Sales Manager
Territory: Northern UK Region
Sector: Packaging Solutions
Package: £35,000 basic salary plus Bonus/OTE, Company Car & Excellent Company Benefits
Are you an experienced and successful new business sales professional from a slightly more technical sales or perhaps packaging applications background? Are you looking for something a little different? Keen to join a genuine market leading PLC. If the answer is yes then please read on…
Macfarlane Group PLC is the UK’s largest packaging distributor and we are truly excited about a key product offering that we’re sure is going to be the next big thing! Having already gained significant traction across a few key market sectors, we are now seeking to appoint the best available individual to assume responsibility for heading up and driving sales growth in the Northern UK, both pulling sales through internal sales teams across the region as well as conducting a direct sales campaign.
Reporting to the National Product Manager, this newly created role is responsible for growing sales of this specific product line across the Northern UK region. This shall be undertaken primarily by gaining introductions and referrals to Macfarlane’s extensive existing customer base, this to be achieved via close networking with senior management at distribution site level and working in alliance with individual regional business managers and their teams of regional sales executives to encourage a team approach to securing new sales. You shall be targeted to gain entry to customers via referral/introductory appointments and once in, seek to assess needs and tailor an effective solution. Sales cycles can typically be anywhere from 3-6 months so there is a genuine need to build a healthy pipeline, both via this approach (acting as ‘product champion’) within the Group, but also seeking to build a separate pipeline of new sales opportunities via traditional direct sales in terms of identifying and targeting own prospects.
- Act as the lead point of contact within the region for any fresh sales enquiries
- Develop an expert understanding of the product/solution, current product line variations and its potential application to multiple business scenarios
- Create demand for the solution, generating territory growth in line with defined commercial targets
- Acting as product ‘champion’ across the Group, to actively network & liaise closely with all relevant distribution sites in order to increase awareness, build understanding and secure ‘buy in’ from key colleagues, this to ultimately help facilitate customer referrals & key customer introductions
- Provide internal support to internal colleagues, management & sales teams as required incorporating training & sales visits, product design, demonstration and application support with customers
- Via consultative sales approach, analyse & problem solve in order to present appropriate solutions
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders and decision makers
- Working closely with the National Product Manager, provide support when required in relation to specific customer needs for new product design and innovation
Do you have the correct profile?
In order to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate a strong track-record of new business sales generation in relation to a technical product/application based solution, whilst some understanding of packaging would be advantageous this is not imperative. Previous success of working to ‘pull through’ sales whilst working within a multi-site organisation and internal sales teams would also be helpful. You will have first rate presentation, customer facing and influencing skills accompanies by strong commercial acumen and problem solving/analysis capabilities. A full valid UK driving licence is also required.
In return we offer a competitive basic salary along with an incentive scheme. We additionally offer a flexible benefits system incorporating the following: Up to 33 days annual leave (*includes bank holidays and service increase after five years), holiday purchasing scheme, contributory pension, childcare vouchers & employee discount scheme.
How to apply/next steps
This is an urgent appointment whereby we are seeking the successful applicant to commence ASAP. Shortlisted candidates can therefore expect to be invited to initial first interview to be held in the Midlands within the coming few weeks. To make an application please simply click ‘apply’ ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant. Please note that all shortlisted candidates can expect to hear back from us within five working days of making their application. If you do not therefore hear back within that timeframe, please assume that your application has not been successful on this particular occasion.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE
- Business Development
- Sales Executive
- New Business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job