Area Sales Manager / Technical Sales - Southern England - Job Ref: 12,647
Construction / Industrial Products
£42,500 Basic, OTE £50,000 + Choice of Quality Co Car + Mobile + Laptop, + Excellent Final Salary Pension Scheme + Lunch Allowance + Full Benefits
Region: Southern England - Ideally based Berks / Surrey / North Hants / North / North West Kent
Our client is a market leading UK Manufacturer of Construction products with a well deserved reputation and a track record of excellence selling to End Users, Councils and Local Authority accounts, Contractors and specialist organisations. In business for over 50 years they are one of the largest companies in their business sector in the UK with a great product range and a Company Service that is second to none. They have a range of market leading brands and a strong commitment to taking on board new products and maintain excellent relationships with wide range of long term customers.
This role will be essentially taking over from a long established Area Sales Manager who has left an excellent Region to manage and develop further.
- The ideal candidate will really need to have at least 2-3years Business to Business Sales experience and this will have been ideally gained in a product sales environment.
- An ability to work from home and spend time away from home on business …. This is usually about one day every two weeks.
- Experience of Sales to Public Sector / Local Government or Industrial / Commercial accounts.
- Familiar with selling products, understanding the features and benefits of products sold and adapting the sales techniques used to secure business.
- Ideally experience of Sales Training within your Sales Career preferably with a professional / external training organisation.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills to enable a successful sales career working from home and managing a relatively large Region.
- Preferably a track record in Industrial / Construction Sales in a product led environment.
- An ability to demonstrate a professional image and sales presence on behalf of this market leading Company.
- An ability to handle any technical issues and read basic technical drawings would be useful
- Manage this Southern Business Territory. ( South of the M4 )
- Successfully manage the Key customers in this Region.
- Continually manage and develop existing accounts as well as bringing on board new business.
- Develop excellent working relationships with a range of decision makers within the customer data-base.
- Work with customers and prospective customers to advice on the best products and new product developments.
- Deliver product presentations to help achieve sales.
To summarise you will need to be intelligent, articulate, enthusiastic and driven to fit within what is already a successful sales team. You will also have an organised and structured approach to sales, be prepared to work hard to achieve success, be a clear communicator and have a basic level of IT and technical literacy.
Essentially, you must have the drive and enthusiasm not only to develop existing customers but also to seek new business opportunities where appropriate, help secure targets and build your career.
The successful candidate will join a successful, well established and stable sales team with an excellent Sales career to develop and work professionally towards and with on-going sales training to look forward to.
You will also need to be living within the Southern Region to apply and ideally within one of the following Areas - Berkshire, Surrey or North Hants or North / North West Kent
Please call Nick George at Alexander Chapel to discuss this role in more detail or apply ASAP with your CV.
- Field Sales
- Technical Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"