Area Sales Manager – Laboratory Equipment - South UK
Salary £35K - £40K plus excellent commission
My client is looking to recruit an experienced Area Sales Manager to join their small but dynamic sales team. The successful candidate will positively contribute to the continued growth of its autoclave, environmental room, laboratory product and endoscopy cabinet business to the various market sectors it serves, including NHS, pharma, research, university, food/beverage and general lab markets. The territory to be covered is South UK – from the bottom of Lincs, Leics, Warwickshire and everywhere south of here.Primary Responsibilities
- Profitably achieve the company’s sales targets in a defined area
- Generation of new business activity
- Managing existing key accounts, both direct and indirect
- Provide accurate sales forecasts
- Supply market intelligence and competitor information
- To keep informed of changing market requirements.
Experience and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate ability and experience in the following areas:
- Experience and drive to develop new business
- A demonstrable record of meeting and exceeding targets.
- A consultative approach that fosters long term customer relationships.
- Ability to develop key customer accounts
- Ability to work as part of a small, focused sales team.
- Experience of working with and developing business through distributors.
- Experience of preparing responses to tenders and writing proposals
- Direct experience in the selling of capital equipment.
- A good and demonstrable working knowledge of the markets we serve.
- The necessary commitment, hunger and drive to succeed in a competitive market.
Qualifications are less important than the calibre of the candidate. However the successful candidate is expected to possess a minimum of HNC in and engineering, science or a related field.
Key Words - Sales Executive, Area Sales Manager, Laboratory Equipment, Autoclaves, Sterilization, Capital Equipment, South UK