Our client is a global business with offices around the world and a prominent market position within their sector. They provide solutions and services to construction companies of all types including main contractors and subcontractors.
They now have an opportunity for an Area Sales Manager to join their UK operation to target and develop business across the formwork, falsework and structural support sectors.
The role will have responsibility for:
- Developing customer relationships with main contractors, subcontractors and other target companies.
- Provide professional sales solutions to meet the requirements of project guidelines.
- Prepare quotations
- Carry out sales presentations.
- Manage existing customer relationships to position the business for future work.
- Generate orders
- Interpret and advise on construction drawings.
The successful candidate will have:
- A proven track record in technical sales into the construction sector.
- Preferably a background within the formwork industry but consideration will also be given to those from the groundwork side or any other background that has involved solution selling in the construction sector.
- An organised, diligent and professional approach to managing sales projects and pipelines.
- An ability to travel extensively within your designated territory.
- A mechanical aptitude along with an ability to read construction drawings.
The role will be largely field based but you will need to live within a commutable radius of Northamptonshire as you may be in the office on days when you are not out with customers or prospecting.
On offer for the successful candidate is a package made up of a basic salary of up to £40,000 + bonus (circa £20k+) + car allowance and benefits.
- Area Sales
- Technical Sales
- Solution Selling