Job Description for Vacancy No: 236996T
Consultant: Tim Bees
Company Profile: Our client's machines apply adhesives, sealants and coatings to consumer and industrial products in the packaging industry.
Job Location: North West England (To Cover UK North & Ireland)
Job Position: Area Sales Manager - Capital Equipment
Reporting To: Regional Manager, Western Europe
Job Status: Permanent
Job Summary: Generate sustainable, predictable revenue growth using our client's product portfolio to either serve a specific customer need and/or create the need based on our client's extensive application knowledge.
* Mechanical Engineering qualification or equivalent.
* Considerable field and phone sales experience in a business to business, preferably capital sales equipment.
* Languages: English - fluent. Additional languages are desirable.
* Excellent verbal communication and negotiation skills.
* Good analytical skills, able to deal with technical queries and applications.
* Able to set and follow priorities.
* Able to work independently.
* Able to work with people of all levels.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, SAP, Business Explorer, BW and C4C.
* Hard working, self-motivated and willing to work under pressure to achieve goals.
* Strong sales and communication skills.
* Ability to influence promotional efforts of distributors and their sales staff.
* Strong closing of sales skills.
* Ability to align multiple strategies of product lines, European sales & Distributors into one overall manageable program.
* Develop detailed territory map and review it quarterly with Regional Manager.
* Assess customer needs and suggest appropriate products and services, respond to more complex customer application enquiries.
* Projects: work closely with customers to complete application questionnaires and submit it to the Technical Manager for review and approval in order to clearly identify the scope of supply agreed with the customer.
* Working closely with the Regional Technical Manager, prepare system offers and record them in C4C.
* Solution-based selling capabilities, from developing customer need to project follow-up and delivery.
* Negotiate prices and delivery times within limits of authority and conclude sales orders to meet revenue targets.
* Maintain customer relationship throughout the life of the project(s) to ensure timely delivery, on budget and on specification.
* Identify, research and contact prospective customers and build positive relationships that will generate future sales and repeat business.
* Complete weekly System quotes, - sales reports and maintain customer data.
* Refer sales leads, customer feedback and information on competitor activity to appropriate contacts within the organisation.
* Establish monthly sales plans to discuss with the Regional Manager and prioritise and schedule own activities so that targets are met.
* Provide input for bi-weekly sales forecast and monthly reporting (by 3rd working day of each month): Project pipeline overview by customer, opportunity stage (30%, 70%, 90%) in Euro €, US$ or Pound Sterling (depending on location) and next steps to move the project forwards.
* Participate in trade shows to support all marketing activities in the territory or where required.
* Work with accounts receivable to make sure that agreed credit terms are met.
Working Conditions &
Home office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel Required: 60% travel within the territory.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job