I am currently working on behalf of a market leading national care provider that is currently seeking to appoint a Regional Area Manager to join their management team covering the West London. This charitable organisation is looking for an Area Manager who can provide inspirational leadership, development and direction across this service area, ensuring the achievement of operational excellence and compliance that maximise people, quality and business outcomes.
- Work with direct reports to drive business planning activities and service improvement plans across their operational area. Setting relevant and stretch objectives and monitoring these to achieve positive results.
- Provide services that are consistently rated as good or outstanding by external regulators and contractors. Prepare action plans which rapidly remedy any shortcomings identified by internal or external audit.
- Demonstrate excellent financial skills devising and managing budgets which maintain the financial viability of services in keeping with the and make a contribution to organisational overheads.
- Successfully lead and motivate direct reports. Ensure that direct reports are delivering effective and organisationally driven mentoring to and supervision with colleagues.
- Developing and maintaining key strategic and business relationships with all relevant stakeholders, ensuring that new business opportunities are maximised within operational area.
- Ensure Health and Safety policies are adhered to throughout the patch and that staff are competent, suitably trained and supervised to fulfil their responsibilities towards Health and Safety protocols as is commensurate with their role.
Area Manager - skills required:
- 5 years of management experience in social care/health environment (either housing based or community based) with extensive experience of working with vulnerable adults: Mental Health, Learning Disability, Autism and supporting people whose behaviour maybe challenging to services.
- Experience of business development and negotiating with commissioners and other senior stakeholders to deliver business growth and service innovation.
- Evidence of success in achieving good quality service provision as accredited through CQC inspection regime and/or other external validation in services you are responsible for.
- Extensive experience of managing service managers and registered managers.
- A track record of implementing new service provision liaising with external stakeholders (including but not exclusively, Social Services, Primary Care Trusts, voluntary agencies, other housing providers)
- Experience of Business and commercial decision making demonstrating business and financial acumen to oversee business and development plans, management accounts and financial plans.
- Experience of successfully managing multiple services with contract values in excess of circa £2M.
- Holds NVQ Level 5 or equivalent
- A full Driving Licence with access to a vehicle for work purposes
Sal: £45K + London Weighting
If you are interested in the above Area Manager vacancy, please call Nichole on or email your CV to
Don't keep a good thing to yourself - Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme - £200 pounds if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.
Key Words: Area Manager, Manager, Charity, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Mental Health, Regional Manager, Autism
- learning disabilities
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'