Location: South East, East Sussex and Kent
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum plus car, bonus and benefits
Role: 12 month fixed term contract
The KPI's for Area Manager in this business are to maximize the sales and profit performance of the area. Through the effective development and management of all store managers, company processes, sales opportunities and the effective deployment of available resources on your area you will succeed.
You will be passionate about over achieving your KPI delivery and the overall P&L performance achievement. You must be accustomed to working within a multi-site retail management role. Your people skills and commitment to driving the customer experience must be second to none.
- You will motivate and coach your store teams and have an inspirational leadership style. The successful candidate will represent this brand in a positive and motivated manner in line with their strong core values.
• A confident and effective communicator with excellent decision making skills
• Passion for retail and delivering high levels of customer service at all times
• Ability to engage talent, build team spirit and challenge goals
• Demonstrating commercial awareness, providing information and analysis
• Strong planning and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise to achieve tangible results
• A deep knowledge of the retail market with exceptional business acumen and commercial awareness
• A balanced self-confidence in the ability to lead and direct with vision, a diverse group of colleagues with different skill sets
• Excellent interpersonal management skills with the ability to achieve strategic goals through other people
• The nature to positively seek opportunities to develop self and management colleagues of the future
• The ability to be resilient under pressure and seek constant challenge whilst retaining care for every detail in the business operation
• An individual attitude with the ability to challenge the accepted norms and set new higher business standards
THE ROLE – KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure full delivery of business strategy and achieve target against all retail operation KPI's
• Ensure all business-related information is communicated and understood at all levels
• Attract and recruit store management teams in line with company standard
• Actively develop store management capability in order to sustain area and company succession plan
• Produce an area operational plan that will deliver the retail plan, encompassing performance, customers, people and profit
• Conduct store visits which will ensure the delivery of consistent performance, adherence to company and legislative standards and compliance to policies and procedures
• Challenge and review working practices and propose improvements
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of people, resulting in clear direction & development of their careers
• Continually sees the customer as "Number One"
• Willingness to go out and learn from other sectors and "leading retailers"
• Proactively and dynamically motivates self to achieve results and generates passion through others
• Ability to plan and prioritise simultaneously on short, medium and long-term objectives
• Confidence to take risks to achieve superior results but also prepared to learn from mistakes
• Committed to overall business excellence
Our client has over 700 stores throughout the UK, which sell a wide variety of home wear, clothing and gifts.
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, an award winning behavioural leadership recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with, our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalised recruitment service of the highest quality.
We provide our candidates with a consultative, honest, high quality and efficient service which develops long term relationships ensuring we become the preferred consultancy for all our clients and candidates. We pride ourselves on understanding people – we are real, we get to the real you and we will get you real results. But then, put simply - It’s the way we work.
McCarthy Recruitment is retained and exclusive on this assignment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
By applying for this role, you are explicitly consenting for McCarthy Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict processing of your data please contact us at and we will respond to your query within 48 working hours.
Apply for this role now or find us online at:
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job