We are currently seeking a Property Area Manager for our award winning client who have an established portfolio of properties and are one of the most exciting and talented growth businesses within the property sector. This exciting opportunity will involve managing two sites and taking responsibility for the profitability of these homes. The successful candidate will be energetic and have excellent organisational abilities, they will also be customer centric, empathetic, determined and committed to providing service excellence. The role will involve acting as a central point of contact for internal and external clients and will require someone who is resourceful, builds rapport and is effective and efficient resolving a wide and diverse range of issues efficiently.
- Manage a portfolio of properties
- Anticipate and identify problems and provide solutions and resolutions.
- Identify and act on any opportunities to develop business within your portfolio.
- Nurture current business contacts and assist in procuring new business streams. to generate new contracts, links and revenue.
- Manage performance reporting for Head Office.
- Carry out regular visits on all properties within your portfolio and manage the satellite offices within each of the buildings.
- Work closely with other companies within the group regarding the handover process for new properties. Managing any maintenance or other issues.
- Close all portfolio income sheets at the end of each month and ensure all property accounts are reconciled.
- Ensure that all payment remittances are logged on arrival and issues are raised immediately with Housing Benefit (HB) and Credit Control. Once remittances are received monitor the collection rate versus optimal rents and set targets for Property Managers.
- Work with Property Managers on daily/weekly basis assisting with issues and escalations.
- Ensure properties are advertised as soon as they become available and are rented quickly and efficiently to maximise revenue.
- Produce a monthly report on the number of issues, building data to analyse trends.
- Communicate with accounts to ensure tenants are notified of arrears, provided with a rent statement and have a monthly payment plan in place.
- Manage appropriate action with the tenants that are in arrears, exploring all options for prompt resolutions.
- Work closely with the maintenance department to ensure a fast response to all maintenance issues. Ensure that tenants are receiving a high level of customer service.
- Ensuring processes are followed for sales, signing up a property and tenant and returning a property.
- Build rapport with Property Managers and support them with all issues.
- Ensure that complex issues such as legal and tribunal matters are dealt with efficiently.
- Provide a high level of service to tenants and ensure that problems are being resolved efficiently.
- Promote positive online reviews.
- Demonstrate excellent business acumen and an understanding of financial issues.
- Estimate costs and profitability.
- Liaise with accounts regarding rent arrears and assist with cash collection.