Caridon Property are looking for an Area Manager to join our ever expanding business . The successful Area Manager will Manage and overlook two blocks of Cardion's Social housing Properies in Harlow. We are looking for a Hard Working, Dedicated and self sufficent Area Manager who is proficent in Microsoft office, well presented and self motivated. If this sounds like you please read below.
To manage and overlook two blocks of Caridon social housing properties across Harlow.
Duties of the role will include:
- To overlook management of all portfolio properties on a day to day basis
- To anticipate and identify problems and provide solutions to them
- To identify and act on any opportunities to develop Caridon’s business within your portfolio
- Continue to nurture current business contacts and to assist in procuring new business streams in order to generate new contracts, links and revenue. This will include, the director of housing and the local council.
- To regularly visit all portfolio blocks of properties across Harlow and to overlook and manage both satellite offices which manage the buildings.
- To work closely with our sister company who is the developer and landlord of the property in the handover process for new properties.
- Closing all portfolio income sheets at the end of the month and ensuring all property accounts are reconciled.
- Ensuring all payment remittances are being logged on the day they arrive and issues are being raised straightaway with Housing Benefit (HB) and Credit Control.
- Working with Property Managers on daily/weekly basis and working through their various issues including HB, top-up, Legal, returning property etc.
- Ensuring properties are advertised as soon as they become available.
- On a monthly basis to report on the number of issues by department and PM and building the data over the months to come so we can monitor how many issues are being resolved/added each month.
- To regularly communicate with accounts and credit control department to ensure tenants who are short in rent have been made aware of how much they are owed, provided with a rent statement and arrange a monthly payment plan
- To take appropriate action with the tenants that are in arrears and explore all options by mediating with tenant or tenant referral company and taking legal action and debt recovery where required
- To work closely with maintenance department and ensure quick turnaround on all maintenance issues
- Ensuring checklists are followed for: the sales process, signing up a property/tenant and returning a property. As well as on going PM issues such as dealing with HB, credit control or legal issue.
- Managing the daily duties of Property Managers and keeping good communication and ensuring feedback is acted upon by PM’s.
- Reviewing all post and correspondence and ensuring issues such as legal and tribunal matters are efficiently being dealt with.
In addition Applicants must have the following attributes:
- Motivated, hard-working and ready to go the extra mile
- Professional and well spoken
- Well presented
- IT proficient (Knowledge of Microsoft Office and working with database systems)
- Full driver’s license
Caridon Property are a fast growing, award winning property letting and management firm based in Croydon, South London. We own and manage over 1000 properties across London, Surrey, Sussex, Kent and Essex and are looking for enthusiastic hard working individuals to join our team who have a hunger to succeed.
Full time - 40 hours. Monday to Friday (with availability on weekends)
£30-35k (incl. OTE)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job