Region includes Leicestershire, Warwickshire, Lincolnshire, and Norfolk.
Making sure a group of Lidl stores operates efficiently and generates maximum turnover is a big, big responsibility, so we make no apology for being highly selective in choosing the right person.
We are looking for up-for it, ahead-of-the-game, do-it-better retail professionals who have gained proven experience since graduating and who can develop the role. Experience, though, doesn’t mean you’ve seen it all before and that you can do the job standing on your head. It means you’ve learned the value of fresh ideas and have developed a passion for people management. It’s about strategic-thinking, bar-raising, problem-solving managers who can inspire everyone to be high achievers. If you’ve got it, you’ll get loads back, fast-tracked with a great package and every opportunity to develop your management abilities in a visible role with a keep-it-simple, fast-growing, retail-changing business.
Please note that your application will include three exercises, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you as a potential future leader with team Lidl. To find out more and even conduct a practice exercise, please feel free to visit the following website: http://getstarted.cut-e.com
The process will also include a telephone interview and selection event. We look forward to receiving your application!
What will you do?
- Develop, coach and inspire your team of Store Managers to fulfil their potential and ensure the stores are running smoothly and efficiently
- Manage all key cost control areas with your stores and provide direction to your management team to enable them to meet their KPI targets
- Problem solve on the spot and use your initiative to maintain great standards throughout
- Strive to create, retain and develop a strong and motivated management team
- Lead by example and encourage your store teams to always be the best they can be
- Drive sales and increase turnover in stores by making full use of promotional tools
- Identify personnel requirements through succession planning and develop high potential employees
- Provide HR management in all of your stores following company guidelines and procedures
- Recruit new employees and manage their expectations/training, as well as that of existing employees
- Ensure high standards of cleanliness, freshness, stock availability and customer service throughout your stores
- Maximise your own KPI targets to ensure deadlines and agreed standards are achieved
What will you need?
We are looking for professional Graduates who have developed a strong management style in their current role and are now looking for their next career challenge.
- Degree educated with a few years of full time work experience since graduation in a personnel management role with direct reports
- Ability to communicate with clarity and honesty, adapting your style for different people including employees, customers, colleagues and suppliers
- An enabling leadership style with the capability of developing and motivating others through leading by example
- Experience working with KPI’s with the ability to digest figures analytically, ensuring store and management targets are met
- Strong customer focus and exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Methodical approach, excellent time management skills and ability to ‘work smart’
- Ability to analyse a problem and implement the best possible solution
- Proactive, flexible approach and ability to take the initiative
- Strategic awareness to see the bigger picture
- Drive, motivation and willingness to challenge yourself
- Hold a full clean UK Driving Licence
What do we offer?
- £42,631 with the potential to earn up to £70,000*
- Fully expensed company car including private mileage - Audi A4 or A3
- 35 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
- Private medical insurance
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Excellent long-term career prospects
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job