Area Manager- Hampshire
At Turning Point, we support people across England with learning disabilities. Making a real difference to their lives, you'll motivate, manage and grow a team of service managers to enable more people to discover new possibilities in their lives.
We now have an opportunity for an Area Manager to cover our services across Fareham and Basingstoke and will be based in our Basingstoke Area Office. As Area Manager you will manage and support services for individuals with complex health needs and behavior that may challenge. As one of our management team, you'll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you benefit from an exceptional level of internal and external training as well as a highly supportive management team.
Building on your experience of working with people with learning disabilities, you'll set, maintain and develop standards as part of our supported living services for adults with learning disabilities. As Area Manager, your focus will always be on ensuring the delivery of consistently high quality services, all within a challenging, but very rewarding environment. In this varied Area Manager role, you'll also carry out risk assessments, support Service Managers to implement care plans and can pick up a complex action plan and resolve the actions whilst having a handle on some operational management.
Managing a team through a time of change, management experience and a background of working in supported living will is a real advantage. The ability to meet financial and business targets will be just as important, as will a track record of supporting and empowering people to live more independently in their community. Flexibility is essential, and ideally, you'll also have a full driving license and access to a car.
Why Turning Point?
Everyone has their own unique reason for choosing Turning Point. It might be our passion for making a difference - not a profit. It could be the fact that no two days are ever the same. Or it could be the chance to join an organization that cares as much about your career development as you do. Whatever your reason, you'll enjoy working with like-minded people who believe in the power of what they do.
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Annual pay reviews
- We are very pleased to announce the introduction for everyone of a new Reward Discount Scheme. This is a great scheme which will mean that you can get a whole range of discounts from top UK retailers to use as you like. The discounts that will be available to you include shopping cards offering up to 20% discounts on everyday shopping, holidays and eating out, discounts on days out, the cinema and attractions.
- Excellent training and development
- Pension plan and life assurance cover
- Generous holidays with option to buy/sell days as suits your lifestyle
- Family/Flexible leave
- Free financial, legal and practical life advice, online health assessment tools, counselling services, and support from an occupational health and well-being provider.
We run on a not for profit basis, we invest every penny back into the services we provide and our people. So, if you're ambitious and focused on learning disability, progress in an Area Manager career with real value at Turning Point.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job