Area Manager - Devon/Cornwall
Area Manager - South West
Title: Area Manager
Reports to: Regional Manager
Based: Devon/Cornwall (field based)
Salary package: £50/60K depending on experience
Benefits: Annual Performance Related Bonus 15% of salary, Company car & fuel card, Private Health, Life Assurance, Employee discounts at high street retailers, Pension and Group income protection.
Are you a driven and tenacious Retail Area Manager seeking career progression?
Do you thrive developing and working with people as a coach and mentor?
Live in the Devon / Cornwall area?
We have the role for you…
Our client is a major retail giant, an industry leader with an extraordinary empire of thriving stores all across the UK and Europe. A fantastic opportunity now exists for an Area Manager with retail leadership expertise to thrive in managing the collection of stores in the Devon/Cornwall region.
As Area Manager you will be engaging, inspiring and coaching multiple store management teams to deliver exceptional store standards and performance. With responsibility overseeing a large number of sires in the region, you will be implementing retail priorities and driving great customer experience.
This is a truly exciting time to be joining this rapidly expanding business on their journey as part of the senior team.
Area Manager - The Role
- Upskill teams and improve capability through effective coaching
- Coach and manage teams through periods of change
- Spot and nurture the very best talent to develop a "high performing" team
- Implement effective communications through weekly conference calls, regular area meetings and a culture of 'huddles’ in stores
- Ensure customer service is embedded and is the driver for all colleague behaviours to create an outstanding in store customer experience
- Create a culture of obtaining feedback from customers to continually improve the customer experience
- Identify and develop commercial actions plans that drive sustainable sales & customer growth
- Identify underperforming stores and develop plans to address performance
- Encourage managers to seek and develop knowledge of competitor activity to make appropriate recommendations to drive sales
- Coach Store Management teams to drive a sales culture in store
- Drive the correct behaviours in terms of stock management
- Implement effective rota’s in area ensuring appropriate management coverage in area/stores and overall trading hours to drive the right customer experience.
Area Manager - Skills / Experience Required
- Leading and managing operational teams in a multi-site retail environment
- Communication and interaction skills across all levels of business
- Delivering sales targets within a dynamic environment
- Leading teams through significant changes
- Interpreting financial and operational reports, to make informed judgements and decisions
- Drive, enthusiasm and tenacity to deliver targets in a fast-paced environment
- Seek ways to improve self and team to meet current and future business needs
- Thinking creatively, are brave and take calculated risks
- An effective implementer - able to make things happen
- IT proficiency.
If you feel you have what it takes to join our clients team as Area Manager, we would love to hear from you!
Apply today with your CV and covering letter detailing why it is YOU we are looking for.
hr inspire Ltd is an equal opportunities Business Consultancy acting as an employment agency for permanent / temporary / interim and contractor roles.
By submitting your cv application you are providing your expressed permission to both share your details with the employer in consideration for this opportunity and also to retain your information on our recruiter database of job seeking professionals to contact regarding other similar opportunities handled by our team of in house Consultants for the next 2 years.
For more information, please call our team on .
Area manager, regional manager, retail, management, manager, team leader, customer service, sales
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"