Area Manager - Destinations TUI
The way we work across TUI Group Airlines is changing. Our goal in Ground Handling is to be a truly integrated service provider to the TUI Group Airlines based out of UK&I, the Netherlands, Belgium and the Nordic countries. We are embarking on a journey to unite four independent Ground Handling establishments, and create one cohesive pan-European organisation, driving harmonisation and best practice in what we do and capitalising on our collective size to deliver economies of scale, whilst fostering a common culture of excellence in quality and delivery.
Reporting to the Head of Ground Operations Northern region, the Destinations Area Manager is responsible for the management and continuous improvement of the safe, efficient, consistent and compliant delivery of all aspects of airport customer services and ground operational activities through effective management of people and services, for TUI destination airports worldwide.
This role can be based in either our Luton, Brussels, Amsterdam or Stockholm office.
How you will make an impact as an Area Manager
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- As Area Manager, you will head up a world class Area Management team that is responsible for the management and quality assurance of the operations of the contracted third parties (e.g. Ground Handling agents, airports, suppliers etc.) at destination airports as well as managing the relating relationships.
- You will lead a diverse team operating across multiple locations in Europe, ensuring that they are appropriately trained, motivated and resourced. You will drive improvement opportunities through people management within your team.
- As Area Manager, you will be responsible for the planning, management and delivery of safe, compliant, efficient, consistent and customer focused Ground Operations processes and activities. You will manage relationships with third party suppliers including through appropriate contracted Service Level Agreements (SLAs,) operational KPIs and relevant ancillary targets.
- In addition you will establish relationships with Airport Authorities, government agencies at airports and TUI Destination services to ensure TUI Group airlines have the best possible services provided for their operations from the specific airports.
- You will be responsible for the delivery of customer experience and service to all passengers at all airports within your area. Working closely with relevant teams you will provide subject matter expert input to ensure Ground Operations product initiatives and concepts are evaluated and where necessary appropriately delivered at all airports.
- As Area Manager, you will ensure the ground safety oversight and compliance programme for group airlines is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the airlines nominated person. You will continuously monitor any identified operational risks, assessing their impact and probability and define risk mitigation strategies.
- This role will require regular travel to european/worldwide destinations
What you will bring as an Area Manager
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Previous experience working in an airport operations environment
- Experience of managing supplier relationships
- A self-motivated leader who takes the initiative and works collaboratively with a track record of motivating and developing a diverse team
- An international team leader with the ability to collaborate with and cater to the interests of all pan-European stakeholders and source markets
- An impactful communicator with the proven ability to influence, partner with other senior leaders, develop a strong network of contacts throughout the industry and gain support and commitment from line managers and employees across the business
- Proven ability to employ analytical tools to improve performance
- Ability to think strategically, commercially and operationally whilst ensuring full regulatory compliance is achieved and maintained
TUI and you
Working at TUI brings many advantages, extras and fun:
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'