Fabric Maintenance Technician (Area Maintenance Technician)
We are recruiting for a mobile fabric maintenance operative (Area Maintenance Technician) to complete PPM and reactive maintenance of fabric and general building upkeep plus water and temperature checks and associated Legionella's scheduling. The role will cover the handyperson and improver duties associated with the maintenance of commercial facilities. Based from the North East area
The role is a permanent position paying up to circa £24,000.00
Mobile role and vehicle provided
Circa 40 hours/week Mon-Fri (flexible)
On call (frequency TBC)
This is a key position, carrying out planned and reactive maintenance across a number of site locations.
The purpose of this role is to carry out non-technical repairs and handyperson tasks. You will also assist in carrying out planned and reactive maintenance, electrical, and mechanical plant works at various sites with the lead engineers.
All work will be completed to the highest standards in an efficient and cost-effective manner, whilst complying with all Health and Safety legislation.
- Assist the engineers or other technicians with any major or minor maintenance work.
- Complete all necessary PPM's and reactive maintenance schedules within agreed timescales and to ensure all necessary paperwork is completed accurately and as required.
- General fabric handyperson tasks and Legionella prevention tasks
- General painting, patch plastering, basic joinery, ceiling tiles, etc.
- Responding promptly and positively to service call requests from the Helpdesk and to assess the requirements of the job and carry out repairs as necessary.
- Prioritising and completing minor fabric maintenance and repair work to agreed timescales.
- Ensuring all tools and equipment necessary to complete minor maintenance and repairs are available and serviceable at all times.
- Although aligned to an area for the purpose of PPM completion there may be times that the engineer will be required to attend other sites within the cluster to carry out work.
- Attend training courses as and when necessary by the company.
- Complying with the company Health and Safety Policy at all times.
- Assisting teams when requested.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times and develop a good working relationship with client colleagues.
- Carry out all tasks in accordance with specific KPI's.
- You will be part of a 24/7 call out rota.
- Educated to GCSE / Standard Grade level as a minimum.
- Any trade qualifications would be advantageous.
- Previous experience in building maintenance is required.
- Ability to maintain and repair a range of equipment.
- Quality of repairs and maintenance.
- Speed and efficiency of work.
- Problem Solving.
- Valid driving license
- Good PC Skills - Apple and Android.
- Response to service call requests within agreed response times
- Achievement of PPM schedule within agreed timescales
- Maintenance of Health and Safety policy
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS a re a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'