Area Lifesaving Manager - St Ives to Penlee
Covering St Ives to Penlee (candidates should be located within this area)
From £35,637 Plus Excellent Benefits
The RNLI wants to save more lives and reduce drowning by 50% by 2024. In order to work towards this, we are striving to explore the opportunities within our communities for how we identify risks and create opportunities to save more lives.
This role will work as part of a regional team to provide direction and support to ensure the sustainability of lifesaving delivery (lifeboats, lifeguards, flood and prevention activities) in order to ensure we can meet our ambitious goal.
Working as a part of a team we are looking for a credible, authentic manager who will:
- Inspire, lead, support, coach and develop a team of staff and volunteers, promoting high quality interpersonal relationships, in order to create an inclusive environment for all RNLI people
- Actively manage and be responsible for the safe and effective delivery of the RNLI’s lifesaving services through the defined audit and assurance framework
- Collaborate with other managers to support the effective delivery of services
To join us as an Area Lifesaving Manager, you’ll need:
- A track record of delivering in management roles
- Extensive people management experience, including coaching, influencing and mentoring
- Experience of driving improvement against clear and measurable targets
- Previous experience of ensuring and monitoring compliance
- Experience in an operational environment, ideally maritime, dealing with local authorities, other SAR agencies and community groups
- A degree level qualification (or equivalent experience)
- A full, valid driving licence
We are looking for a genuine team player who can bring their skills and experience to help shape how we deliver lifesaving services for the future.
Ultimately, we want to explore new opportunities to ensure the sustainability of our lifesaving services in order to save more lives.
It would be beneficial if you had any of the following: a command qualification for the operation of boats up to 15m in Cat D waters, a technical marine or lifeguard qualification, an IOSH/NEBOSH or relevant SHE qualification or ACAS investigation training.
Ideally candidates need to live within their territory to effectively be able to support their communities.
The closing date for applications is the 22nd April 2018, with interviews scheduled to be held provisionally on the week commencing the 30th April 2018.
Our staff and volunteers have been saving lives at sea without prejudice for nearly 200 years. We respect and value diversity of background, skills and perspectives within our teams, and consider it essential to help us deliver a world-class lifesaving service. We are an inclusive organisation and welcome applications from everyone. In addition to having the skills needed for the role, we also look for applicants who share our commitment to living our RNLI values (trustworthy, courageous, selfless, and dependable), and helping us work towards our goals of halving drowning in the UK and Ireland by 2024. This involves a growing commitment to preventative action, using our expertise to work in partnership with communities locally, nationally and internationally to prevent drowning.
To apply for the role of Area Lifesaving Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Area Lifesaving Manager, Community Lifesaving Manager, Operations Manager, Community Programme Manager, Lifesaving Programme Manager, Head of Operations, Lifesaving Project Delivery Manager.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job