Area Head of Service, Children’s Services, Surrey, can pay over £60ph!!!
If you are working at a senior level within Social Work children’s management, this could be the perfect job for you.
You will have the ability to plan, organise and manage a complex operational area through managing teams to deliver a professional service within the overall business plan.
You will support the Assistant Director in developing new ways of working to deliver improved outcomes for children.
Main duties include:
- Contribute to developing the strategic direction, objectives, priorities and culture for the service area, and to ideas for organisational strategy.
- Develop and implement significant operational plans and contribute to longer term plans for the area in line with organisational strategy.
- Lead, manage and motivate a large, multi-skilled professional workforce to deliver a significant work programme on time, with identified resources and within agreed budget.
- Monitor and manage performance in relation to areas of responsibility and provide regular reports to senior managers, other stakeholders, and the wider professional network, enabling the services to operate at optimum performance levels.
- Develop, consult on and implement policies and procedures within a specialist area and translate policy into operational plans to secure effective service provision and continuous improvement.
- A social work qualification (degree in social work, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent recognised social work qualification.
- Degree or equivalent level qualification.
- Evidence of continued professional, managerial and personal development.
- An ability to apply effective programme and project management at the highest level.
- Proven ability to manage cultural issues and deliver change programmes.
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To find out more about this role, please call Dee Spencer on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.
- Project Management
- Social Care