Nestlé UK & Ireland
Up to £35k + Benefits
We have an opportunity for an Area Engineer who is looking to share their skillset in a role that offers an opportunity to shine. Based at our Purina factory in Sudbury, Suffolk.
At Nestlé PURINA Pet Care, we're passionately committed to helping pets enjoy happier, healthier and longer lives because we're pet owners too. As a world leading company in pet care and nutrition, Nestlé PURINA has been helping pet’s live healthy, happy lives for over 85 years. We are proud to produce some of the UK’s best loved brands including BAKERS®, GO-CAT®, WINALOT®, FELIX®, and BONIO, trusted and bought by millions of pet owners.
What you can expect?
The main function of this role would be to support factory Engineering department providing service to the Production departments’ across packaging equipment and fostering a cross departmental culture of safety, quality and teamwork.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks.
- Run fault finding on machine break downs.
- Prepare inspections and repair work ensuring and reporting that all assets perform to the required level of safety.
- Adhere to all Good Manufacturing Practice standards in respect of plant, tools and environment.
- Support and challenge your colleagues to maintain all company standards.
- Ensure compliance with the Nestlé quality policy particularly engineering change management and line release.
Who are we looking for?
The person that is successful in this role will be driven to drive improvement across production. This opportunity provides to develop individually and as part of a highly skilled team as well as giving someone the opportunity to make a real impact.
Other attributes would include:
- Strong work ethic and a self-starter.
- Ability to influence by having strong inter person skills.
- Ideally have the 17th Edition wiring regulations qualification, experience with Allen Bradley PLCs and understanding instruments/control fundamentals.
- Manage and prioritise workload in a fast paced environment.
- Strong understanding of problem solving methodology such as DMAIC, RCA.
- You will be an educated in an Engineering based subject and be time served.
What you need to know
The closing date for this role is 2nd March 2018. We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
To find out more about PURINA please visit:
Nestlé UK & I is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job