SQS is a family firm that has grown into a leading reinstatement and surfacing solutions provider in London, the Home Counties and the South East. With a 20-year track record in providing high quality reinstatement and highways maintenance services, SQS continues to be at the forefront of quality, innovation and performance in the industry.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
Reporting to the Client Contract Manager, the purpose of this role is to always act as a company ambassador, demonstrating and delivering the SQS Vision & Values, and always uphold the company’s good reputation.
To manage, monitor and resource the element of works, and staff under your control to maximise output and profit whilst minimising costs, whilst ensuring compliance with all Company policies, procedures, and legislation.
To maintain a safe working environment in compliance with all current Legislation, maintaining the highest quality workmanship.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring full compliance with current legislation, and relevant specifications are achieved by you and all teams under your control and all SQS policies & procedures are adhered.
- Assist where required with any investigations / HR matters relating to any works under your control.
- Developing good working relationships with the Project Team and all stakeholders.
- Assist with the management of issues relating to recruitment, training, competence, and performance management.
- Assist, where required with all Customer issues, and ensure these are handled in line with company policy/procedures.
- Assist with the control of overtime, expenses, wages payments, and holiday planning in line with company policy.
- Ensure '’Own Goals’’ are conducted when required, and all '’Lessons Learnt’’ are recorded, and acted upon to prevent any reoccurrence.
- Ensure all work under your control is delivered in line with Contractual agreements/specifications and agreed KPI’s.
- Always communicate respectfully and politely to colleagues, clients, internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensuring all information submissions are of a high standard (Daily Work Sheets, Waste Logs, Ontrack data collection etc).
- Ensure you, and all Staff under your control take ownership of all SHEQ matters relating to works & teams under your control.
- Ensure you promote the use of hazards & Near Misses and how to report these.
- Ensure you demonstrate the correct behaviours with regards to SHEQ.
- Carry out Audits as required, and ensure all corrective actions are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Always ensure safe systems of work are followed, as detailed within RAMS.
- Ensure all work is carried out to the quality specifications/criteria of SQS, NRSWA and/or Customer specifications, as applicable.
- Ensure sites are maintained in compliance with NRSWA, any other related legislation.
- Manage the recruitment, training, competence, and performance management of your team.
- Manage and approve overtime payments, holiday planning and other employee or subcontractor payments in line with company policy.
- Assist Depot Supervisors to ensure all matters relating to Depots, Plant & Transport are managed in line with company procedures.
- Promote teamwork and collaboration with the team to ensure client and customer expectations are met and outputs are delivered effectively to company and client requirements.
- Assist with organising all relevant training, Toolbox Talks, Daily Briefings etc are delivered to operations staff on a regular basis and when required, and ensure records of delivery are maintained.
- Carry out annual performance reviews, and regular 121 meetings with Staff under your control.
- Any other duties, as required by Senior management to control the business.
- Ensure all required work control documents are issued and checked on return to the office, to facilitate processing and filing.
- Work closely with all departments to ensure the required focus is maintained to continually improve our delivery.
- This list is not exhaustive and other reasonable duties may be expected.
- Positive Team Player
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job