KFC UK & Ireland is one of KFC’s largest markets and is a significant profit contributor. KFC UKI is a £1bn business; an 880+ unit market of Franchise & Equity Restaurants, with an ambition to open 40 restaurants per annum.
The Herbert Group is the largest KFC franchise in the UK; Michael Herbert started the business in the 1980s with his first KFC restaurant in Glengormly, Belfast, and has built it up to be a very successful business with 145 KFCs and 1 Pizza Hut. The Group currently operate stores throughout the UK and Ireland, in a number of locations including Kent, West Country, South London, Jersey, IOM, Scotland, Northern and Southern Ireland. The Group has ambitious plans for growth and are currently rolling out a 5 year Vision and Strategy to enable this. Now really is an exciting time to join the Herbert Group!
The Area Coach (AC) role reports into the Region Coach (RC) and has responsibility for circa 6-8 restaurants (250-400 staff), dependant on geographical density. The cornerstone of the role is to provide transformational leadership & high impact coaching in order to support your team to achieve customer satisfaction and overall unit performance across 3 balanced metrics (People, Customer & Business). The individual will require commercial acumen and ability to think beyond the core operational elements of the role to lead and inspire a team to 'break through’ results.
This role requires leadership ability beyond that of a typical area operations manager. As a high potential area coach you will on a development path towards that of a 'Broader Coach’ Level (Regional Ops Manager / Ops Director) which requires a strategic medium to long term view which translates into:
- Setting, engaging and executing area/region 'vision’
- Analysing trends and pushing self and team to multiple solutions to drive step change performance
- In depth commercial and strategic planning and execution
- Structured approach but can work autonomously
- In depth management and technical expertise based on credibility in operational knowledge and structured people management skill sets
- People focused at all levels - rapport/relationship building as well as more formal team / individual development
- Influencing skills at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work remotely yet establish and maintain lasting relationships with operations peers and teams located at our Head Office
- Build people capability across the area via 2x2 performance matrix
- Robust succession planning, often thinking 3 or 4 moves into the future
- The ability to flex your leadership style to engage individuals at every level from team member to management team
- The ability to spot and nurture the very best talent
- The ability to share responsibility to support individual and team growth
- The ability to develop a "high performing" team and support development of other Area Coaches
- Analyse area and restaurant performance and develop strategies to drive people metrics
- Robust Performance Management to leverage improved performance and behaviours
- Champion area and regional talent growth through sign on / off assessment centres
- Champion our unique culture at all levels, casting a leadership shadow which pulls others closer to our Yum Leadership Competencies, How We Win Together 2 principles.
- Drive our unique recognition culture (internally and externally to the organisation) using the KFC tools and processes and own a personal recognition award
- Self aware of own strengths and development areas and shows humility when discussing and sharing opportunities
- The ability to engage, communicate and inspire your teams to your shared vision
- Maniacal focus on ensuring team deliver world-class service to our customers
- Role model customer mania at all interactions
- Partner with internal customers (HR, Asset Protection, Development, Training) to leverage area and regional performance
- Leverage external partnerships to develop KFC as a "so good" brand (community etc)
- Be the "so good" champion in store, challenging processes and activities to make it "simpler, better smarter" for our customers and teams
- Ensure all Health & Safety and Food Safety regulations are adhered to and are Gold Standard.
- Maniacal focus on driving sustainable profit growth across all profit metrics
- Develop profit plans to drive explosive Unit Contribution
- Identify and develop commercial action plans that drive sustainable sales growth
- Develop a sales culture at all levels, that focuses on speed and service
- Exceed all hurdle targets for new store openings and image enhancements Success
Routines and other:
- Execute success routines to drive an unrivalled customer experience, that drives sustainable sales and profit growth;
- Period (unannounced) customer visits followed by positive coaching and feedback
- Period ACRC (Area Coach Report Card) reviews
- Detailed Operations Visits
- Single Item Visits (as and when required)
- Communications cascade
- Initiate and support wider business projects to leverage ways of working that change the game for the area, region and company
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree qualification
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Multi-site experience minimum 18 month.
- Flexible in location advantageous.
- High Street/ Large brand experience.
- Commercial Awareness
- Customer Satisfaction
- KPI Reports
- Multi Unit
- People Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job