The client are a privately owned house builder based in Oxford that specialise in the development of bespoke housing throughout Oxfordshire.
They are currently recruiting for an Architectural Technologist to work in their office reporting into a Technical Director. Candidates must have at least 5 years experience working as an Architect or Architectural Technologist, ideally be a chartered Architect and must be based within an hour of Oxford. Due to the level of experience required the client have stated they would be looking to pay up to £55k + package.
- Produce detailed working drawings, plans, elevations and sections in line with the original Architectural planning drawings.
- Produce detailed foundation and ground floor, first floor joist and roof layouts, M&E layouts and external joinery and door schedules.
- Value engineer the planning drawings and adjust and agree as necessary. Also choose external finishes and detailing for planning condition submission.
- Liaise with Structural Engineer regarding structural elements, foundation design and line load take downs.
- Require input into agreeing and confirming finishes specification for all sites.
- Liaise with Housing Association regarding detailed design drawings for the affordable housing.
- Review and amend site works drawing together with checking orientation of the houses. Also check Engineer's layouts and confirm the drainage points are in the correct location.
- Review and undertake CDM assessment with Principle Designer.
- Brief and instruct heating and hot water design for house types with external designer (NC designs). Check and ensure final drawings and information is
- Discuss with SAP Assessor and ensure that house types comply with Part L and ensure information is consistent and received on time. Ensure air permeability tests are sent to NHBC and that resulting EPC's distributed to relevant persons.
- Look at Renewable Energy Solutions for each site and liaise with the SAP Assessor.
- Choose relevant Robust Details and ensure site have paperwork and information.
- Liaise with NHBC Building Control and resolve any outstanding NHBC Surveying Conditions throughout the duration of the project. Discuss with relevant parties to ensure conditions are discharged.
The client operate a 1st stage interview process with the Technical Director. If this opportunity is of interest please apply now.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
- Technical Manager
- Architectural Technologist
- Architectural Technician
- New Build
- Technical Coordinator
- Volume Build
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job