We are a small and friendly but busy and rapidly growing integrated planning and architectural consultancy based close to Central London.
We are looking for someone who shares our vision of delivering exceptional services to our fast-expanding client base. Someone who understands the importance of working to the highest standard and who takes pride in everything they do, whether it is designing a small outbuilding or a multi-storey apartment block.
As a small consultancy, we need you to be independent and be able to work completely unsupervised, taking the initiative and owning projects from inception to completion.
You will be joining us at a very exciting time as we expand the practice, having signed up a number of new significant clients.
- Contract length: Permanent Full Time (subject to probation period)
- Working hours: 7.5 hours per day (pre-arranged flexi-time available).
- Location: Office based with some travel across London (expenses paid).
- Start: Immediate start available.
- 20 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
- Pension scheme.
- Pre-arranged flexi-time working - choose your own start time.
- Monthly staff meals
Closing Date for Application
16 March 2018
- Delivering a wide range of small and large-scale development projects from feasibility to construction.
- Undertaking detailed site surveys.
- Preparing detailed and accurate architectural plans.
- Preparing detailed construction drawings and specifications for approval by Building Control Inspectors.
- Liaising with Local Planning Authority officers and Building Control Inspectors.
- Leading on the design of small and large developments.
- Undertaking feasibility assessments for development projects.
- Preparing planning documents including Planning Statements and Design and Access Statements.
- Submitting and managing planning application process.
- Assisting with the day-to-day running of the office and in dealing with client queries.
- Must have some experience in architectural field in the UK
- Excellent proficiency in all aspects of AutoCAD and Revit in order to be able to prepare detailed plans, elevations, section, 3D drawings and construction drawings.
- Excellent knowledge of UK Building Regulations to ensure compliancy, including knowledge of fire safety.
- Ability to communicate in English to a high standard both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare detailed reports, including Design & Access Statements.
- Ability to work unsupervised, multi-tasking and managing a demanding and varied workload whilst ensuring all work is completed to a high standard and within agreed timeframes.
- Detail oriented with a keen design sense, good organisation and problem-solving skills.
- Good understanding of the planning systems and processes.
- Experience of submitting planning applications.
No recruitment agencies please.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job