Salary £26,000 to £44,000 DOE
Applications are invited for an Architecture Technologist role with a highly successful Cambridge Architects' Practice offering constant support for career progression.
A well established reputation for delivering building schemes, designed with skill and appropriate innovation, arises from close client collaboration and sophisticated responses to contexts and functions. With this innovation at the forefront, some recent schemes have been developed using Augmented Reality and the firm has also invested in 3D printing.
As well as being an acknowledged leader in solving complex problems for notable clients in relation to the restoration of historic buildings, their skills are equally focused on design-led new build projects. The ambition is for the designs to not simply copy what exists but add to contexts intelligently and convey a distinct and meaningful sense of architectural continuity.
Building long-lasting relationships is key and the practice tends to work with clients who value thoughtful design and the opportunity to work with a stable and well-resourced business. You will boost your career by being exposed to a large number of quality projects which vary in size and complexity.
- Producing design of new buildings and the renovation of existing ones.
- To work in collaboration with other building professionals including architects, structural engineers and surveyors
- Take an active role in the development of projects
- Prepare sketches, drawings, reports and information
- Work to deadlines and adhere to timescales of projects to assist the team in delivery of information
- Understand and adhere to procedures including quality management and environmental management systems and health & safety
- Attend and lead meetings alongside other members of the design team and clients
Experience and Skills:
- Well educated with relevant degree and ideally CIAT accreditation
- Two or more years professional experience
- Ideally experience in any of Science/Research, Education and residential sectors
- Comfortable working with Contractors for Design & Build projects
- Enthusiasm for the development of advanced technical skills together with the ability to communicate ideas and solutions to colleagues and clients alike
- Creative and accurate individual with good problem solving skills
- Proficient in the use of Revit plus experience to a greater or lesser extent with a selection of Photoshop, Indesign, MS365, SketchUp, Sefaira, 3DS Max, Vray and AutoCAD
- Confident and capable of working independently but also collaboratively in a team environment
- Right to work and live in the UK
If you are interested in this opportunity for an Architectural Technologist please apply here on-line or contact Roger Holden at Graham Rose on
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job