Excellent new opportunity for an Architectural Designer to join a multi-disciplinary buildings consultancy on a permanent basis in Colchester. Our client have a wealth of experience working on varied projects including Schools, Commercial Projects and Residential developments. Due to an increase in workload, they are seeking an experienced Senior Architectural Designer to join their expert team focussing primarily on residential developments.
The successful candidate will have a variety of roles and responsibilities including:
- Working primarily on residential developments of varied scales
- Developing proposals from feasibility stage through to planning submission with guidance from the Architectural Director
- Ensuring client initiatives, project processes and review & approval procedures are adopted and implemented
- Developing technically compliant design solutions that meet client requirements
- Ensuring sustainability issues are considered at an early stage
- Contributing to reports when required, regarding fee forecasting, design issues, health & safety issues etc.
- Leasing with key stakeholders, including clients, consultants and planners.
The essential skills, experience and attributes for this role includes:
- Proven experience within a similar role
- Detailed knowledge of the residential sectors
- Knowledge of Housing Association and Local Authority residential requirements
- Confident with relevant CAD software including AutoCAD, SketchUP, Revit and Photoshop
- Experience leading an architectural team successfully
- Understanding of relevant building regulations and legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workloads and meet strict deadlines
- A degree in Architecture or Membership of the CIAT would be beneficial, but not essential
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information, please contact Hannah McMillan on or email Hannah.McMillan @ blueprintrecruit.com and quote 13963HM. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' option and following the instructions.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"