Architectural Designer required for one of the UK's largest and well-known housebuilders in west midlands
Responsible for creating and co-ordinating desirable and efficient residential development in a timely manner. Negotiating and communicating the progress of planning applications.
- Prepare desirable and efficient designs.
- Add value through good design.
- Engage with local planning authorities, their consultees and other stakeholders and win their support for our proposals.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of planning applications and manage them through the approval process and resolve outstanding conditions to the region's timelines.
- Achieve agreed deadlines and timescales.
- Deal with build issues that require the designer's attention during the progress of the works.
- Conduct regular site visits and chair site project meetings if necessary.
- Preparation and coordination of transfer plans.
- Assisting in the coordination of and attendance at pre-start and other departmental meetings as required.
Skills & experience
- HNC or HND in Architectural Construction or Building Studies or working towards a relevant degree * Previous experience working for a house builder
- Understanding of building regulations and planning process
- Proficient in AutoCAD
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job