Your new company
Will be working for an independent design based practise based in oxford, working on Bespoke Design & Build Solutions.
Your new role
The Architectural Designer (AD) is responsible for supporting the technical problem solving and architectural design for structure, shell and turn-key projects. Working with the wider design team the AD will contribute to the delivery of a fully coordinated package of technical drawings, information and specifications for each project.
Reporting to Development Manager
- Design Team
- Sales and Estimating teams
- Construction team
- External consultants and sub-contractors
- Client/clients professional team
- Approval bodies (Planning, building control, warranty providers etc.)
What you'll need to succeed
- Produce details working drawing packages using AutoCAD CAD design software, supporting the efficient delivery of designated structure, shell and turn-key projects.
- Technical problem solving - resolution of engineering, material, detailing and building performance queries by suitable investigation, discussion and clear communication of outcome.
- Support design liaison between the clients and their professional team, consultants, sub-contractors, approval bodies etc.
- Contribute to scheme design -from first principles - using freehand and CAD skills.
- Architectural materials specification enquiries, take off and scheduling including the identification of key lead-times for critical components.
- Planning & programme - ability to manage multiple projects and reliably hit deadlines and project milestones.
- Provide support to the wider business when requested.
- Communication - liaise with internal & external key stakeholders to ensure timely information flow, clarity of delivery from consultants and subcontractors and appropriate engagement with site and factory based parties.
- Quality control - to check - as part of an ongoing quality control process - other design team members and consultants work.
- CDM - ensure consideration of safety and build-ability is integral to the design process, that risks are designed out wherever possible and that residual hazards are effectively communicated to key stakeholders and site based teams.
- Site liaison - telephone support visits and meeting attendances to review progress, discuss design and detailing aspects, resolve issues and liaise with the team and client's agents.
- Ensure compliance with the Quality Management System at all times, keeping paper and electronic documentation, records and filing up to date.
- Operate with the highest regard to Health & Safety ensuring compliance with the Health & Safety policy.
- Other duties which may from time to time be required as requested by the Company Directors.
What you'll get in return
25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (we ask for a small proportion to be saved for Christmas closedown)
Office based: hours of work 8:30 - 5pm with one hour for lunch
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call marlon.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job