Clifton Shard are working with an Oxfordshire based company with a well-respected reputation.
They are known for their unique portfolio of design and build solutions of timber frame build packages in the high end, bespoke sector.
Due to their continued success we are recruiting for an experienced Architectural Designer to be part of the Design team, where you will be involved in designing and planning a variety of high end, bespoke projects.
As an Architectural Designer you will be responsible for the architectural design for structure, shell and turn-key projects and technical problem solving. Working with the wider design team you will contribute to the delivery of a fully coordinated package of technical drawings, information and specifications for each project.
- Produce details working drawing packages using AutoCAD CAD design software, supporting the efficient delivery of designated structure, shell and turn-key projects.
- Technical problem solving - resolution of engineering, material, detailing and building performance queries by suitable investigation, discussion and clear communication of outcome.
- Support design liaison between the clients and their professional team, the business, consultants, sub-contractors, approval bodies etc.
- Contribute to scheme design -from first principles - using freehand and CAD skills.
- Architectural materials specification enquiries, take off and scheduling including the identification of key lead-times for critical components.
- Communication - liaise with internal & external key stakeholders to ensure timely information flow, clarity of delivery from consultants and subcontractors and appropriate engagement with site and factory based parties.
- CDM - ensure consideration of safety and build-ability is integral to the design process, that risks are designed out wherever possible and that residual hazards are effectively communicated to key stakeholders and site based teams.
- Site liaison - telephone support visits and meeting attendances to review progress, discuss design and detailing aspects, resolve issues and liaise with team and client’s agents.
We are interested in hearing from experienced Architectural Designers who have relevant experience working with bespoke projects with the ability to manage multiple projects and reliably hit deadlines and project milestones. Experience with timber framing would be highly desirable.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a growing company and work on a variety of projects with no two being the same. You will also profit from the following company benefits.
- 25 days holiday per year (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
If you are interested please apply online today, or alternatively contact Ben at the Clifton Shard team who will be happy to discuss in more detail.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job